14 days ago - req18848
Industrial Engineer for Projection EXE:5000
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Physics
Is it your strength to define crystal clear production and service processes and do you want to be involved in the proto and pilot phase of new developments? Do you understand processes and people behavior in complex manufacturing and service environments? Are you able to influence product design and drive ASML’s system availability, reliability and cycle time? Then the job of Industrial Engineer for Projection EXE:5000 might be just the one for you!
The EXE:5000 is ASML’s next-generation EUV photolithography system that enables customers to continue Moore’s law by manufacturing integrated circuits on an ever smaller scale. The Projection Optics Box (POB) is the optical module at the heart of this system which takes care of projecting the image from the mask onto the wafer with a 4-8 times reduction, thereby controlling aberrations at a minimum. It is a state-of-the-art module in which all engineering disciplines have to come together to achieve the required imaging performance. The Projection EXE:5000 project is the project which is responsible for the development, integration and implementation of this POB.
As an Industrial Engineer for Projection EXE:5000 in the D&E EUV Optical Column department, you will be operating in a multi-disciplinary environment as a member of the Industrialization group and as part of the Projection EXE:5000 project.
In this job you will mainly focus on four areas. You will:
- Be responsible for the design, realization and optimization of the production and service processes of the EXE:5000 POB.
- Deliver the work preparation and service mix which is needed for respectively the workers in the EUV factory and field service engineers at our customer sites, to be able to build, qualify and service the EXE:5000 POB.
- Maintain the alignment on agreed cycle time and availability budgets with System Engineering, architects, the EUV Factory and Customer Support, and drive for the implementation of those ideas that are necessary to bring the final performance in line with the agreed budgets.
- Ensure that the requirements on manufacturability and serviceability are properly documented, and successfully implemented in the product designs and associated manufacturing and service processes.
You will be the focal point between the Development & Engineering-, EUV Factory and Customer Support sectors. You will ensure optimal production and servicing of ASML’s latest EUV lithography system, i.e. EXE:5000 for the Projection function. You will do this by ensuring that industrialization requirements, such as cycle time, availability, manufacturability and serviceability are properly taken into account in the designs of new hardware and software solutions.
Your activities will be, among other things:
- Define, realize and optimize the production and service processes for the EXE:5000 POB, and point out structural problems and bottlenecks, work out suggestions for improvements, all in close cooperation with surrounded departments, such as the EUV Factory and Customer Support.
- Write and verify the procedures for the factory and field service engineers.
- Provide effective troubleshoot documentation, such as Out of Control Action Plans (OCAPs) and Deterministic Diagnostic Flows (DDFs).
- Drive continuous improvement by translating lessons learned back into process and product improvements.
- Maintain alignment on agreed cycle time and availability budgets, and drive for the implementation of those ideas that are needed to bring these important drivers within budget.
- Transfer knowledge to factory and field service engineers.
- Provide support (hands-on, if applicable) for factory and customer issues.
BSc or MSc degree in Technical Engineering, such as Physics, Optics, Mechatronics, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production and service processes.
- ASML experience with manufacturing, service and/or integration activities is an advantage.
- Familiar with product development in a concurrent engineering environment.
- Understanding of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, Availability, Reliability and Cost.
- Real team player, and when needed, able to work independently
- Good communication skills in both oral and written English
- Initiative; take steps proactively to improve processes and products, and to prevent issues
- Results oriented; drive the realization of agreed industrialization deliverables
- Quality minded; deliver work that is in line with the industrialization standards
- Leadership; drive for the implementation of solutions that bring cycle time and availability within spec
- Recognizes opportunities and threats; taking own initiative immediately
- Ability to take a helicopter view
- Eager and get-it-done mentality
- Committed and flexible attitude
Incidental traveling to ASML’s customers in Asia or the US might be required in this role.
Context of the position
The D&E EUV Optical Column department is part of the EUV business line of ASML. Its task is to specify, develop, integrate and qualify the optical column of the EUV lithography machine in specification, time and budget. The holder of this position reports to the group manager of the Industrialization group, which is part of the above-mentioned Optical Column department.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.