30+ days ago - req18869
Lead Design Engineer Handling & Transport
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Join our H&T team today! Become a specialist in transport, assembly and lifting of high end machine parts and modules. This delicate job is covering everything that is required from the first assembly of the machine in the cleanroom in Veldhoven, all the way to installation, servicing and upgrading our machines at customer plants all over the world.
As a specialist you will be responsible for the design of lift and transport tooling within an international multicultural team. The following is part of your daily tasks:
- Definition of lifting and transport tools for safe, reliable, efficient and cost-effective transport and installation of ASML systems and modules.
- Work within a team of engineers and co developers to create designs, documentation and hardware.
- Translate high level specifications into feasible tooling specifications (concept design, choice of existing or new dedicated or universal tools, volume constraints, swap paths, inter modular interfaces, factory layout and constraints, costs, cycle time, hardware need dates).
- Perform and guide risk analysis sessions.
- Farm out development of tools to co-developers and manage changes and refinements in specification as well as working to receive 'first time right' designs.
Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Lift tooling design and risk assessment experience is preferred.
- Be able to read, understand and interpret complex English documents, such as legislation and standards.
- 3D modeling experience, preferable Siemens NX and TeamCenter.
- Mechanics skills: static design forces/strength/stability/kinematic constraints, execute and verify hand calculations and FEM calculations.
- Be able to create high level concept designs and find solutions for conflicting requirements.
- Critical thinker
- A safety mindset
- Helicopter view without losing the in depth details
- Co-operative team player
- Take initiative
- Structural; ability to create structure with inputs from multiple directions
- Assertive, able to found and defend a point of view
- Influence without power
Context of the position
The group Handling Tools & Transport Systems (H&T) is part of Development & Engineering group (D&E) and is part of the Mechanical Development cluster (MDEV) within ASML. The H&T group is responsible for the specification, definition, realization and qualification of all handling and transport tools and packaging for ASML machines. You will be reporting to the Team leader.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.
You may also attach a portfolio.