30+ days ago - req18828
Software C/C++ Engineer Metrology EUV
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Physics
Do you see yourself as an expert in requirements engineering and are you challenged by translating functional requirements into lean software designs? Do you combine strong analytical reasoning and conceptual understanding with excellent communication skills?
If your answer is YES to all of the above, don't hesitate to apply. We are looking for you to join our metrology software team.
Metrology software orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. For example, one such module (a wafer stage), accelerates faster than a fighter jet to enable the ASML machine to position a silicon wafer in less than a second, with nanometer accuracy! As well as using metrology systems to position wafers, ASML also uses metrology systems to measure and compensate for sub-nanometer inaccuracies that inevitably creep in due to material imperfections, temperature fluctuations, and/or atmospheric pressure changes. To achieve such challenging results, the best metrology systems ever imagined are required.
Solutions of the metrology functional group are implemented in software by the metrology software department. Your role is to design high-quality software, allowing fast and efficient delivery of complex metrology functions.
The main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Collaborating with other software engineers to design and implement features
- Quickly producing well-organized, optimized, and documented source code in C/C++, python
- Creating and documenting software tools required by architects or other developers
- Debugging existing source code and polish feature sets
- Contributing to technical design documentation
- Paying attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard
Master in computer science, software engineering, system engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as software engineer (object oriented design) in a multidisciplinary setting
- A proven track-record in C/C++, UML, Unix/Linux Experience
- Experience with Software Architecture/ Modular architecture and a general understanding of how software concepts map to machine behavior
- Experience with Software Design Patterns, Gmock/Gtest and Code versioning (Git/SVN)
- Experience with requirements engineering
- Experience with model driven engineering / Modelling
- An understanding of mathematical and Physical concepts and translating them to clean software designs
- You must be familiar with the agile way of working
- You are able to handle legacy software
- You know how to work with MATLAB
ASML is a highly dynamic environment, which requires you:
- To be a good communicator
- A team player
- To be a problem solver
- To be flexible towards changes
- To take initiative
- To be result oriented
As a software designer, we expect you:
- To show leadership
- Influence your stakeholders
- To deploy software architecture changes and development methods.
Context of the position
This position is within the software metrology department, which is a part of the sector Development & Engineering.
As a software software metrology designer you will work alongside the functional metrology engineer.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
Please upload your most recent version of your CV and motivation letter. We're not allowed to process your application via other channels.