27 days ago - req18825
Thermal Control Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Thermal energy is everywhere around us, and goes everywhere. On one hand we put hundreds of kilowatts into our machines to get things moving and illuminated, whereas on the other hand we are concerned about milliwatts, microkelvins and ultimately picometers of thermal expansion. All to get good optical performance in our lithography machines, that are used in semiconductor chip manufacturing.
Here we need to squeeze all possible performance from a controller, and there is plenty of room to innovate with advanced thermal control methods. Are you able to bridge the gap between detail and overview? Will you propose bright design solutions with impact on our next generation machines? Will you be able to balance a robust thermal controller design with other critical design parameters?
As thermal control engineer you help build high tech machines, and an average day may look like this:
You align with your team leader and colleagues from different disciplines on priorities and possible escalation support. You also discuss the next tough steps on the thermal controller optimization study you have been building up. These are inputs for setting the specifications.
Later that day, after dressing up for the clean room you collect the latest measurement results from the machine you programmed, isolating the thermal performance under investigation. Don’t forget to prepare the presentation for the comparison between your theoretical analysis and the empirical results. You will need it to convince the stakeholders of your design-change proposal.
- Some of the most high tech machines on earth to work with
- A bustling and driven company culture
- A team of some of the brightest minds to work with
MSc degree in System Control Engineering or similar
Nice if you have:
- A PhD in System Control
- Specialization / solid understanding of Thermal Engineering
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink or similar control simulation packages
- Nice if you have working experience in the semiconductor/high tech machine industry
- Nice if you have thermal (control) engineering experience
- Keeping the overview, abstract thinking in conceptual models, have vision
- Creativity, inventiveness
- Drive and communication skills to work with a team
- Being self-propelled
- Strong desire to develop in thermal control engineering and lithography
- Profound interest in high tech systems
Context of the position
The Machine Conditioning DE EUV Scanner team holds the people and competencies which specify design and deliver flow, vacuum and thermal conditioning solutions contributing to and in support of scanner performance.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.