30+ days ago - req18979
Mechanical Engineering Team Lead
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or microchips.ASML has its Research & Development and manufacturing operations in Wilton, CT and in Veldhoven, The Netherlands.This position will be based in Wilton.We are looking for a talented Mechanical Team Lead to join the Development and Engineering department.You will design and develop mechanics for some of the highest precision products ever produced in the world.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As a Mechanical Development Team Lead, you will lead a team of 3-10 engineers and/or co-developers responsible for the development of portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling.You will work on sub-systems involving robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics, and/or opto-mechanics.You will need to consider kinematics, dynamics, material properties, and structural, dynamic, and thermal analysis.Team Leads at ASML are expert planners who maximize available resources to meet challenging schedules and deliver the highest quality lithography equipment in the world.
You will align with project management, manufacturing, logistics, procurement, supply chain, customer support, and other cross-sector team members and lead your team to design mechanical components of modules that continuously push the boundaries of physics and improve the performance of integrated circuits.You will align with your multi-disciplinary Project Leader to meet quality, schedule and cost constraints. You will ensure the design achieves a trouble-free product lifecycle via optimized configuration management, procurement, manufacturing, transportation, operation and customer service environments.
BSME / MSME / PhD or equivalent experience.
We are seeking an individual with a strong background in mechanical design and engineering, including taking responsibility of the full “art to part” development cycle. A background in mechanical design of mechatronics, precision design, or complex optical systems is required, as well as good complex mechanical system intuition.
- 3+ years’ experience in a complex mechanical design environment.
- Mechanical design experience in kinematics, dynamics, material properties and behavior, and structural analysis.
- Strong leadership and planning abilities.
- Solid working knowledge of mechanical analytical techniques, including “first principle” engineering equations and Finite Element Analysis such as stress / strain / deformation, modal response, etc.
- Strong technical writing, communication, and presentation skills with a capability for mentoring, coaching, and negotiation.
- Strong leadership and ownership characteristics with commitment to achieve results on time.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups including senior leadership.
- High energy self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn.
- Customer oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Potential to further develop leadership abilities.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of engineering application areas and to work on problems spanning all technical fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company.
- World class technical problems to solve.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability