30+ days ago - req19005
Co-op, Mechanical Engineering (Fall 2021 semester)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or microchips.ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations in Wilton, CT and in Veldhoven, The Netherlands.This position will be based in Wilton.We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer to join the Development and Engineering department.You will design and develop mechanics for some of the highest precision products ever produced in the world.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As a Mechanical Engineering Co-Op or Intern, you will participate in developing portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling.You will work on sub-systems involving robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics, and/or optomechanics.You will need to consider kinematics, dynamics, material properties, and structural, dynamic, and thermal analysis.Precision machine design at ASML starts with understanding the functional requirements and deriving specifications.
You will collaborate with system architects in a multidiscipline project team to develop concepts, perform engineering analysis, build and test prototypes, generate detail CAD designs, create engineering drawings, partner with suppliers, and support system integration and test.
- We are seeking an individual with a strong background in mechanical design and engineering.Interest in mechanical design of mechatronics, precision design, or complex optical systems is desirable, as well as good complex mechanical system intuition.
- Mechanical designexposure to kinematics, dynamics, material properties and behavior, andstructural analysis.
- Experience with3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization.
- Demonstratedability to derive conclusions from analysis and make practicalrecommendations.
- Strongtechnical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
Candidate for Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering (minimum 2.5 years completed) or equivalent experience.
Basicexperience with mechanical analytical techniques, including “firstprinciple” engineering equations and Finite Element Analysis such as stress/ strain / deformation, modal response, etc.
- Capability tointerface with multidisciplinary groups including senior leadership.
- High energy self-motivatedteam player with strong desire to learn.
- Customer oriented and willing to work with highlevel problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Possess strongleadership and ownership characteristics with commitment to achieveresults on time.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledgein a wide variety of engineering application areas and to work on problemsspanning all technical fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversityof experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growinghigh-tech company.
- World class technical problems to solve.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability