30+ days ago - req19081
Mechatronics Design Engineer
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This requisition is a pipeline requisition in anticipation of potential needs.
ASML is seeking a recent graduate to join our Mechatronics / Robotics Design Engineer to join the Wilton, CT development location as we break new ground in the emerging field photolithography. As ASML pushes the boundaries of Nano-technology beyond current state of the art, we have developed a need to develop high precision equipment while maintaining a focus on cost effectiveness and reliability. We are looking for someone to help pioneer knowledge in this developing area.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Developing hardware with a cross sector team all related aspects such as dynamics,controls, translating stages, linear motors, sensors, etc.
- Responsible for “sustaining engineering” tasks, resolving equipment design issues in a timely fashion as they arise at customer sites.
- Participation of concept design studies for next generation equipment and subsystems.
- Take direction from ASML System Architects and Senior Engineering mentors who are leading the development effort of critical large capital equipment.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as imaging or optical systems preferred but not required.
BS / MS / PhD in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or a related field with 0 – 5 years of experience, or equivalent experience.
- Recent graduate with a Mechatronics engineering background or specialization in closely related areas such as robotics or other fields.
- Knowledge of “classical control theory” and “digital control theory” including frequency domain, stability (Nyquist / Bode plots), Velocity-Acceleration-Jerk (VAJ), feedback / feedforward, dynamics, gain and phase, transfer functions, continuous / discrete feedback control, real time controls, etc.
- Experience with understanding and troubleshooting legacy designs to determine potential risks, failure modes, and corrective actions.
- Basic experience with mechatronics behavior predictive modeling and methods in MATLAB / SIMULINK or similar tools, including “first principle” engineering equations and other techniques, particularly with their applications to control system simulation and implementation.
- Strong skills in proof of concept development and design of experiments for a wide range of project needs.
- Ability to run complex mechatronic systems for test and qualification of design changes.
- Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and to make practical recommendations.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills, including the ability to present results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities.
- Customer oriented team player willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Genuine interest in mechatronics engineering, and analysis, as well as in developing precision systems that can perform reliably at customer sites.
- High energy, self-motivated, quick study with flexible nature.
- Customer-centric personal ethos.
- Self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently and with minimal guidance.
- High potential to develop into a technical or personal leader in the organization.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of engineering application areas and to work on problems spanning all technical fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company.
- World class technical problems to solve.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability