You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Prototype Engineer-All Shifts-Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
1st, 2nd, 3rd Shift & Weekend (Full-Time) Positions Available
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
The mission of this position is to build in and test proto hardware and software (reticle stage & handler, wafer alignment sensor, wafer table, etc.) on an NXT fully functional (less light) test rig with minimum lead-time and maximum quality. Be expert on bottom and mid module operation and troubleshooting to optimize uptime availability and minimize downtime.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of ASML products. The department Integration and Reliability Engineering is in part responsible for Integration of prototype building blocks and modules into test rigs to prove that they meet functional requirements and performance specifications. The result is a test report. Proto Engineer is responsible for operating and maintaining test rigs used for design qualification, integration, reliability, and issue resolution. Also contribute towards an optimal design for the complete product and the creation of the product documentation necessary for pilot production.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Proto Engineer is part of a team responsible for operating and maintaining test rigs used by D&E for the purpose of design qualification, reliability testing, and issue resolution of new modules and features that are intended to be introduced across all ASML TWINSCAN products. These include the following tasks:
- Following and ensuring test and operational procedures are followed.
- Monitoring test rig performance within set parameters.
- Keep test rig, hardware and software, configuration up to date.
- Logging all activities in logbook.
- Carry out and/or assist the integration, build in/build out, and troubleshoot activities on test rig.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and report issues in the module design to improve system performance.
- Review and contribute to test plans to ensure efficient use of the test rig.
- Provide technical support to D&E engineers, as a generalist.
- Ensure efficient use of test rig, escalate in case of problems to group leader, project lead, or Proto Integrator.
- Transfer machine status and issue list to next shift, pass down.
- Train other proto engineers and technicians in test rig operation and troubleshoot.
- Ensure safe working environment and work according 5S principles.
Bachelor's Degree in engineering majors, e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Physics, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience as below.
- Associate degree with 2 years' relevant experience.
- High School with 7 years’ relevant experience or 5 Year ASML experience.
- Experience and knowledge in operating and troubleshooting on ASML TWINSCAN platforms using the ASML diagnostic toolset such as SDT, BDT, Trace Viewer, PCS (Problem Cause Solution), Coach preferred.
- Experience in advanced motion control, robots, thermal dynamics, optical devices, vacuum applications, or precision mechanics.
- Relevant hands-on experience in a multi-disciplined technical team environment.
- Knowledge of measurement systems and system functionality analysis preferred.
- Testing experience within an R&E environment with complex Prototype systems.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- A strong communicative personality with a pragmatic attitude.
- Goal oriented.
- A real team player with a quality orientation.
- Technical driven, troubleshooter.
- Proactive self starter.
Diversity and Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This vacancy is available for all shifts with a work schedule of 5 days per week. It is 8hrs per day on a shift and 40hrs per week. At times will be more than an “8 hour” job, off hours support is required at times. This position is located in Wilton, CT.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability