30+ days ago - req19030
Senior Mechanical Analysis Engineer @ ASML
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
ASML is seeking a Senior Mechanical Analysis Engineer with multidiscipline competencies to join the Wilton, CT development location. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in the finite element method, solid mechanics, and numerical methods. A background in both linear and nonlinear modeling, includingelastoplasticity,contact modeling, or fatigue modeling is desirable, as well as any experience in multiphysics (Thermal/CFD)analysis. Good complex mechanical system intuition is also highly desirable.
- Interact with ASML system architects leading the development effort ofcritical opto-mechanical (Silicon Litho) systems.
- Support system optimization by addressing technical concerns,providing guidance, advice, and modeling assistance in a wide variety ofapplication areas, particularly those involving structuralmechanics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, electromagnetics, optics andmultiphysics modeling.
- Develop both analytic and numerical models that show technicalfeasibility in a cross discipline coupled environment.
- Guide internal design engineers with supporting analysis throughfeasibility, concept, and detail design.
- Develop and teach junior analysis engineers.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide varietyof physics application areas and to work on problems spanning allengineering fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company.
- Casual atmosphere, with world class technical problems to solve.
B.S. with minimum 5 years progressive experience in engineering,physical sciences, or life sciences required or equivalent experience.M.S. or Ph.D preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with computational modeling & problemsolving.
- Customer centric personal ethos.
- Customer oriented and willing to work with high level problem solverson a daily basis.
- Genuine interest in mathematical modeling, computational physics, andsoftware simulation.
- Genuine interest in developing precision systems that can performreliably at customer sites
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High energy, self-motivated, quick study with flexible nature.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability