26 days ago - req19048
Sr. Applications Engineer
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Albuquerque - NM, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
- You support ASML customers with their current and future challenges in process development to efficiently produce devices with ever shrinking features.
- You identify strategies to stretch the lithography equipment and associated processes beyond its specification to deliver the customer the required on product performance.
- You cooperate with and drive the applicable ASML organization in order to come up with a solution that meets customer’s need.
- You are responsible for the organization of the project management activities and communication with Customer engineers as well as ASML engineers in the local offices.
Application Engineering is ASMLs department that support customers worldwide to enhance their cutting edge lithography technology in their state of the art semiconductor fab. If you want to work on the forefront of semiconductor manufacturing and deliver “fit for purpose” solutions the Application Engineering department is the department which can offer you this possibility.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Interact with and develop a solid working relationship with the customer to help understand and develop valued solutions to their fabrication issues.
- Working with account team and marketing organization in The Netherlands and at ASML World Wide (WW) local offices to define the package that meets customers’ requirements.
- Demonstrate technical leadership through problem solving, training and presentation.
- Own a broad technical knowledge of lithography and metrology.
- You will give strategic guidance to junior engineers.
- Own the day to day project management activities and drive a technical team towards product value demonstration and integration of solutions with the goal to meet customer requirements and achieve tool-of-record configuration.
Master degree or PhD in Physics, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry or Engineering preferred with a background of (semiconductor) physics, statistics or mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience in a semiconductor environment (within the area of lithography, patterning and/or metrology).
- Excellent process knowledge (able to provide insight in process information, front till back end processes).
- Be able to perform in high pressure and high ambiguity (semiconductor) environment.
- Ability to lead and steer small technical teams.
- Technical background of ASML tools and products.
- Knowledge of semi-conductor devices process and challenges.
- Strong client focus and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Solution minded and able to see and develop the bigger picture.
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
- Excellent multi-cultural communication skills in the English language (spoken and written).
- Project management skills or willingness to learn.
- Ability to create clear presentations with point analysis.
- Creative and broad thinker.
- Act decisively, be pro-active and taking responsibility.
- Eagerness to learn and keep up-to-date with the latest technological developments.
- Drive own technical development and learning.
- Thrives in a large and dynamic organization with various stakeholders.
- Acts as team-player in engineering teams, and able to motivate team members.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- You will be located in the local ASML office, part of the US AE team (Application Engineering). Other teams you will interact with are diverse geographically (US/NL), as well as in skills and competencies.
- Willingness to travel to ASML customers worldwide within the projects as needed (an average of 25 %).
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1