30+ days ago - req19006
Staff Product Engineer - OPC Verification
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Electrical engineering, Physics, Optical engineering
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is looking to hire highly motivated hands on technical professional to support our state-of-art OPC (Optical Proximity Correction) verification tool. The ideal candidate will haveexperience on OPC/ OPC verification including Lithography Simulation, RET, or advanced Mask technology.
The Product Engineering group is responsible for Tool Benchmark / New engagements, Product Definition, release testing with acceptance tests, second-line support of current accounts, and Training (internal / external). The team functions as a link between R&D and customers and interacts with most of the other teams (Marketing, Field, Sales, QA, etc.); therefore this job provides a broad exposure to whole pictures of the product. PEG engineers play a key role in shaping and directing product growth and development.
Ph.D. or Master'sin Physics, Optics, Electrical Engineering, or Computer science
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience in semiconductor technology engineering with an emphasis on computational lithography, lithography, semiconductor processing, or related fields
- In-depth research or engineering experience
- Direct experience in OPC (Optical Proximity Correction)/OPC verification including lithography simulation, RET, or advanced mask technology is a plus
- Direct experience in machine learning is a plus
- Intermediate / advanced software programming skills: for example, python, lua, C/C++, and/or MATLAB
- Strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills
- Quick learner and flexibility are key attributes
- Ability to work independently and also effectively as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Context of the position
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability