24 days ago - req19042
Supplier Quality Engineer
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Logistics & supply chain management
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Cymer Supplier Quality Engineer:Works with Supply Chain Management and Engineering in the evaluation, selection and qualification of new suppliers. Represents Quality on product transfer core teams for purchased products to ensure all quality requirements are met and design specifications are clearly defined, documented and communicated to the supplier. Develops supplier part qualification plans with Engineering, Operations and the supplier according with company standards and industry best practices. Conducts on-site audits of suppliers to assess their Quality Management System, process capability and process controls. Ensures quality assurance of sourced products through PFMEA and control plan development, product qualifications, incoming quality inspection plans and first article inspections. Drives formal 8D corrective and preventative responses with supplier to address any quality issues occurring prior to production release.
Ensures that suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services.Qualifies suppliers according to company standards and may administer a Certified Supplier Program in receiving inspection to ensure cost effectiveness.Monitors parts from acquisition through the manufacturing cycle and communicates and resolves supplier-related problems as they occur.Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure good manufacturing practices (GMP) and quality standards are met.Evaluates suppliers’ internal functions to assess their overall performance and provides feedback in assessment of their operation.
- Responsible for the supplier quality of new suppliers and supplier parts including supporting the supplier selection process, the transfer of existing products to new suppliers the supply base, managing change control of items in the supply base, and assurance that all requirements are met by the supplier throughout their processes and when received at Cymer.
- Responsible for creation and driving approval of qualification plans for new Supplier parts and engineering changes.Ensures qualification plans are properly executed and technical data driven recommendations are made based on results of qualification plan.
- Responsible for defining and monitoring incoming quality inspection of new supplier parts and supporting incoming inspection with technical guidance on testing or inspection issues.
- Facilitates the resolution of supplier related technical and quality issues associated with new supplier parts and part changes.
- Works with Product Development to ensure design for manufacturability by ensuring design specifications are clearly defined and within the capability of the process.
- Drives corrective action with supplier on Quality related issues to identify and resolve the root cause of the problem.
- Audits new suppliers to assess their Quality management System, process capability, test capability and process controls.
- Maintains regular visits and/or communication with suppliers to address and resolve any quality, process or quality issues in “real time”, and reports on the status of these areas to management on a regular and timely basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job. Minimum of six (6) years of experience is required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt (Black Belt Desired) or equivalent experience.
- Structured Problem Solving Training (such as DMAIC) or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications, Industry specific standards (ie. AQC, IPC, Mil Specs, ANSI, ASTM, etc), and knowledge of change control methods and processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, including preparing and delivering presentations.
- Demonstrated use of statistical and process control methods (Six Sigma desired) with a focus on Control Charting and Cpk theory and use.
- Demonstrated structured problem solving skills (such as DMAIC).
- Specific knowledge of Measurement System Analysis (MSA-GRR, Correlation, Gage Management, etc.)
- Experience in use of standard Statistical Quality Sampling Methods
- Ability to create and manage projects using MS Project.
- Experience leading cross functional teams in problem solving or process development efforts.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work cross functionally with personnel from various organizations - Manufacturing, Engineering, Tech Development, etc…
- Ability to recommend (using data) and implement sound solutions and strategies in a fast paced environment where priorities change often.
- Understands and has experience applying basic Lean Manufacturing principles in a low volume / high mix environment.
Astute attention to details.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability