30+ days ago - req19176
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Logistics & supply chain management
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Senior Supply Chain Engineer is responsible for the technical performance of a selected number of suppliers. He or she works with suppliers on performance monitoring, solving technical issues and driving technical process improvements (quality and yield improvement, process control, cycle time reduction, risk analysis and reduction). He or she works closely together with Project Lead Supply Chain Engineering, Logistics Supplier Management Project Leads, Procurement Account Managers (PAM’s) and Supply Chain Engineers NPI in the ASML Development Organization. Depending on the size of the account, he or she is member of Supplier Account Teams. Focus of the work is on volume control, process optimization and supplier development.
Are you an engineer who is challenged by managing the quality performance of suppliers in a high tech-low volume environment, specialized in electrical, mechanical, chemical or optical engineering?
This position requires access to controlled technology or information, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Responsible for entire Quality (Q) and process Technology (T) performance for volume suppliers and with their n-tier suppliers.
- Monitor and review supplier quality performance (MQP of volume deliveries).
- Contribute to supplier development (e.g. implementing SPC, lean, FMEA, operational excellence at suppliers or n-tier suppliers).
- De-risk manufacturing processes at suppliers by optimizing quality, testing and qualification infrastructure (configuration management, SW support, processes and organization capabilities.
- Drive yield and technical process improvements at supplier. Actively participate in improvement project at suppliers (CT reduction, COG reduction).
- Carry-out analysis of Q-issues and drive technical solutions in material escalations.
- Support implementation of EC changes at suppliers.
- Follow-up on operational material quality issues.
- Build-up and develop technical competences within ASML (SPC, lean manufacturing, FMEA, operational excellence).
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Physics or Optical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5 – 10 years relevant work experience.
- Experience with supply chain processes in production environment.
- Experience in improvement projects in supply chain, preferably in High-tech industry.
- Experience in working in relationships with suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pro-active attitude.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing techniques.
- Result oriented, hands-on mentality.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Sourcing Logistics (SL) is a department of Global Logistics Services (GLS), represents ASML’s logistics interface to its supply base and is responsible for material availability for ASML’s factories. In today’s complex multi-tier supply chains, this is only possible by creating full transparency in the chains and flexibility at suppliers. SL manages over 100 chains up to seven tiers deep, addressing potential bottlenecks and supply risks before they impact our customers. It must handle the increased complexity of ASML’s systems while reducing cost of ownership for customers. To do this, the SL supply chain- and logistics engineers work with suppliers to continuously reduce cycle time for components, modules and assemblies, increasing supply chain flexibility and customer value. SL also monitors suppliers’ quality, flexibility, cycle time reductions, move rate compliance and on-time delivery reliability, driving supplier development in all areas to ensure ASML’s supply keeps pace with technological developments and can adapt to changing market conditions.
Global Logistics Services (GLS) is part of ASML’s industry-leading supply chain and responsible for ensuring material availability to ASML’s factories and customers. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering, virtual integration, acceleration of the supply chain and delivering creative solutions. With over 350 highly educated and motivated people, GLS has contributed to ASML winning the “VLM Jaarprijs 2013” for having the best Supply Chain in The Netherlands.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability