30+ days ago - req19119
[Talent Program] D&E - YieldStar Mechanical Design Engineer - Linkou
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you like engineering challenge andmake the world a better place?
As YieldStar mechanical designengineer in ASML Taiwan, you will be part of multiple disciplinaryengineering team in strong connection with our HQ D&E in The Netherlands,manufacturing in Taiwan and customer support in Asia, your job is to improvecurrent design of ASML metrology tool in all aspects, from defining technicalproduct documentation, to making sure high quality part can be manufacturedat supplier and can be assembled and qualified at manufacturing andvalidating your design to meet the functional requirements.
We are looking for engineers who are experienced mechanicaldesign engineer in the equipment industry, aggressive and like to challengehim or herself, because you’ll be working with the technical experts crossfunctionally to solve the technical issue for our stakeholders.
● Successfully drive the developmentas sustaining and development counterpartner of the ASML Veldhoven D&Eteam. Responsible for the mechanical engineering quality
● Develop the engineering designimprovements & maintenance in close cooperation within themultidisciplinary team. Support the Manufacturing and Customer Supportorganization to meet the output and quality requirements, throughout productlife cycle
● Is able to translate (internal)customer requests into clear specifications in the mechanical domain
● Is able to translate specificationsinto mechanical designs by:
● Setup and maintaining mechanicaldesign models
● Setup and maintaining mechanicalbudgets
● Proving the design meetsspecification by verifying by design with calculations / models / budgets andby testing
● Is able to coach junior mechanicaldesigner to train them the craftsmanship of mechanical engineering
● Is able to communicate withengineers & architects from other disciplines (electrical, mechatronical,physics, optics)
● Is responsible for the technicalproduct documentation using 3D modeling, BOM structures, archive in order tounambiguously explain the design to suppliers
● Contribute to the YieldStar masterplan by making a realistic work break down
● Support YieldStar manufacturing andcustomer support organization with high end troubleshooting
● Optimizing quality of the precisionmechanic aspects of the YieldStar modules
● Is able to communicate with theexperts in the Netherlands and sets up a routine for knowledge transfer andreviews
● University degree in MechanicalEngineering
● >5 years of experience in asimilar role
● Experience in Quality &Efficiency improvement projects in both the production and developmentenvironment is an advantage
● Precision mechanical focus ontechnical systems
● Team player able to convince otherswith different cultural backgrounds.
● Strong analytical ability with apragmatic attitude
● Professional communication
● Self-driven, pro-active, hands-onand get-it-done mentality based on technical arguments
● Good English communication skills
Context of the position
Within ASML thedepartment ACE YieldStar Engineering is responsible for engineering aspectsof the YieldStar product line. This includes Development, Production,Installed base support, Supply Chain support, Repairs, System refurbishmentsupport and customer specials. Mechatronics is concerned with high speed andprecise moving parts in the ASMLmachines, in particular wafer handling, positioning and alignment. The mainfocus is on cost effective execution and life cycle management. Thedepartment’s competences will cover the whole technical spectrum of themetrology equipment: control, dynamics, mechatronics, position measurementsystems, imaging applications, overlay applications, focus applications,productivity, software, optics and illumination.
During the knowledge transfer phase quite somealignment/ knowledge transfer with ASML Headquarters (Netherlands) is expected.Candidate must be able to spend part of a 12 month period travelling back andforth between Taiwan and the Netherlands. High flexibility is a must.
Your CV is collected for future opportunity and will be contacted shortly if there is any vacancy opened.