30+ days ago - req19118
[Talent Program] D&E - YieldStar Mechatronics Design Engineer - Linkou
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Do you like engineering challenge andmake the world a better place?
As YieldStar mechatronic designengineer in ASML Taiwan, you will be part of multiple disciplinaryengineering team in strong connection with our HQ D&E in The Netherlands,manufacturing in Taiwan and customer support in Asia, your job is to improvecurrent design of ASML metrology tool in all aspects, from defining technicalproduct documentation, to making sure high quality part can be manufacturedat supplier and can be assembled and qualified at manufacturing andvalidating your design to meet the functional requirements.
We are looking for engineers who are experienced mechatronicdesign engineer in the equipment industry, aggressive and like to challengehim or herself, because you’ll be working with the technical experts crossfunctionally to solve the technical issue for our stakeholders.
● To contribute to the development of the YieldStar product and tocontribute to the precision mechatronic aspects related to manufacturing ofYiledStar systems and trouble shooting, resulting in quick fixes andstructural solutions
● Develop the engineering designimprovements & maintenance in close cooperation within themultidisciplinary team
● Support the Manufacturing andCustomer Support organization to meet the output and quality requirementsthroughout product life cycle
● Inventing construction principles and joint building strategies forthe precise positioning of complex dynamic mechanical systems
● Carrying out design analyses into machinery and mechanical (semi-)systems
● Fills a general advisory position in the field of precisionengineering and is therefore responsible for the correct application ofprecision engineering principles when developing metrology systems
● Specifies, re-design and optimize all the precision mechatronicaspects of the YieldStar modules in order to meet the system performance
● Designs and realizes test equipment and is responsible for ensuringthat prototypes are built and tests are carried out
● Is responsible for the technical product documentation in order tounambiguously explain the design to suppliers
● Contribute to the YieldStar master plan by making a realistic workbreak down
● Support YieldStar manufacturing and customer support organizationwith high end troubleshooting
● Optimizing quality of themechatronic aspects of the YieldStar modules
University degree in Mechanical or ElectricalEngineering
● 5 years experience with precision mechanical motion stage design,automatic machine design, servo motion control experience, andrepairs/refurbishments of multi-disciplinary equipment like measurementtools, positioning tools, assemblies etc
● Experience in Quality & Efficiency improvement projects in boththe production and development environment is an advantage
● Candidate must be familiar with Matlab program
● Candidate must be familiar with motion control design algorithm andmechatronics design principle
● Candidate must have a strong technical leadership and drive thedevelopment to a quality result and work effectively in a team
● Team player able to convince others with different culturalbackgrounds
● Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
● Professional communication
● Self-driven, pro-active, hands-on and get-it-done mentality based ontechnical arguments
● Good English communication skills
Context of the position
Within ASML thedepartment ACE YieldStar Engineering is responsible for engineering aspectsof the YieldStar product line. This includes Development, Production,Installed base support, Supply Chain support, Repairs, System refurbishmentsupport and customer specials. Mechatronics is concerned with high speed andprecise moving parts in the ASMLmachines, in particular wafer handling, positioning and alignment. The mainfocus is on cost effective execution and life cycle management. Thedepartment’s competences will cover the whole technical spectrum of themetrology equipment: control, dynamics, mechatronics, position measurementsystems, imaging applications, overlay applications, focus applications,productivity, software, optics and illumination.
During the knowledge transfer phase quite somealignment/ knowledge transfer with ASML Headquarters (Netherlands) is expected.Candidate must be able to spend part of a 12 month period travelling back andforth between Taiwan and the Netherlands. High flexibility is a must.
Your CV is collected for future opportunity and will be contacted shortly if there is any vacancy opened.