30+ days ago - req19241
Intern, High Precision Machining/Computer Aided Technician - Summer 2021
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
ASML Integration, Quality and Reliability Engineering Department in Wilton CT, is currently looking for machine shop interns to participate in fabricating high precision mechanical components.
As an Intern in the Integration, Quality and Reliability Department, you will participate in developing portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling and test equipment.You will work on sub-systems involving robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics, and/or opto-mechanics.You will work with the team in the Model Shop (a high precision machine shop on the ASML campus) to machine using hand tools, milling machines, grinders, CNC machines, and other equipment, and utilize advanced CAD software to program such machines.
You will collaborate with engineers and the Model Shop team to concept the manufacturing method and ultimately fabricate the parts.You will utilize key CAD programs to interface with our CNC equipment.
Candidate for Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline (Minimum 2.5 years completed), Associates degree in manufacturing or machining, or equivalent experience.
- 1 year educational or hands-on experience with CAD programs such as Mastercam.
- High energy self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn.
- Customer oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics with commitment to achieve results on time.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability