30+ days ago - req19276
Optical Process Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
JoinASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Process/Production engineer for the Optical Manufacturing Group.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Develop/support processes and create work instructions to be used by shop technicians. Initiate and optimize new procedures and adjust existing ones.
- Contribution to and participation in formal and informal design reviews; Development and approval of engineering changes (ECN’s), coordination of parts procurement and prototype construction.Conduct reviews for own designs. Participate in reviews of other designers’ designs.
- Interrelate with team members from various departments.
- Preparation of portions of program plans, including scheduling of specific technical tasks and determination of manpower, material and contracting requirements.
- Tooling and Equipment design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, and report preparation.
- Collect and analyze information in order to report timely required information to different users and management. Provide regular status reporting to applicable manufacturing departments in order to enable them to take required actions.
- Ensure adequate Product Information/Technical Product Documentation (TPD) to qualify, integrate, produce and test the product. Define the specifications to pack, transport, install, use, maintain and scrap the product and contribute to the documentation.
- Contribute to good spirit of cooperation, by finding solutions, execution of all kind of tasks and good communication.
- Teach/mentor less experienced colleagues on product- and production techniques/skills.
- Ensure designs that meet the specifications within the constraints, given in the project plan. Realize the qualification of the design by ensuring the proto production and execution of tests. Ensure manufacture- and service- ability, including required means/tools.
- Produce and deliver according procedures and instructions complex products/services for current, old and new products. Administrate actions and product- process- information in production protocol and databases, highlight deviations/abnormalities.
- Indicate and report recurring problems during manufacturing of products or in processes. Works conform Technical Product Documentation (TPD), checks the completeness/quality. Initiate enhancements.
BS degree - Optical Engineering or Science/Mathematics, or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years experiences in optical manufacturing for either plano or spherical optics.
- Experience in the manufacturing processes for optical glass, crystals and ceramics.Areas of manufacturing include: lapping, polishing (pitch and machine), machining, optical contacting, optical bonding, MRF and computer controlled surface corrections, interferometry and optical measurements.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability