24 days ago - req19339
Co-op, Data Science (start date July 2021)
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Data science, Computer science & software engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Are you the hands-on/experienced data engineer that can implement and maintain complex Big Data architectures? Are you able to apply the cutting-edge technologies and tools to build Big Data pipelines? Do you have the drive to exceed customer expectations, then read on!
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As a Data Science engineer your responsibility includes:
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, physicists, computer scientists, and system architects to build Big Data platforms and data processing pipelines.
- Developing and implementing complex data analytics solutions leveraging cutting-edge/open source software frameworks and tools.
- Independent and creative investigation, modeling and development of data-driven Machine Learning, pattern recognition, feature extraction, model evaluation methods, algorithms and pipelines.
- Working closely with domain experts to find and validate causal relations and to interpret predictive models.
Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science/Computational Data Science/Information & Data Science/Business Analytics or equivalent field, or equivalent experience.
2 years college coursework completed.
- Currently pursuing PhD or Masters or Bachelors in Computer Science/Computational Data Science/Information & Data Science/Business Analytics or equivalent field.
- Good understanding of statistics, software system design and distributed architectures.
- Class project/experience in building data and feature extraction pipelines (ETL, both batch- and stream-data processing) in a relevant context.
- Knowledge in secure deployment of data science models and building efficient APIs for them.
- Experience or affinity with signal and image processing is needed; in addition, we highly value experience with finding causality in signals, capturing uncertainty in models, Bayesian modeling, interactive visualization and user interaction.
- Knowledge in Statistical Modeling and Predictive Modeling, Deep Learning, excellent coding skills using state-of-the-art machine learning libraries (e.g. Python/R) is desired.
- Thinks creative, out of the box, self-going, fast learner, good coder and designer.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability