20 days ago - req19306
Competitive Intelligence Analyst/Technical Analyst (MSc, PhD)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you that person with an eye for detail, who has affinity with analyzing, organizing and presenting detailed technical information?
Do you feel comfortable working in a multicultural team,supporting the Corporate Intellectual Property (CIP) department with actionable intelligence to improve the strength and leverage of ASML’s intellectual property (IP) portfolio? Do you like creating the bigger picture with multiple pieces of information and presenting that to our patent attorneys, verifying your analysis and conclusions with key-engineers and giving advice to ASML’s management?
ASML is searching for an analytical engineer to join its international high-tech manufacturing environment, supporting the department across a broad spectrum of global IP issues and transactions.
The Competitive Intelligence Analyst is responsible for collecting and analyzing information to gain knowledge/insight and to develop actionable intelligence on the competitive landscape of our business (e.g. competitive products, R&D activities, etc.), and reporting that information/intelligence to all relevant stakeholders.
A typical day might include:
- Reading, analyzing and classifying third party patents and technical publications
- Gathering info from news and corporate websites
- Meeting with Marketing colleagues to share insights on third party technology and get market info
- Meeting with key-engineers to verify and gather technical information
- Building intelligence: completing the puzzle with all pieces of information to predict the product development strategy and policy of a third party
- Updating a patent attorney group with new technical insight of third parties
- Master’s degree in engineering or technical science (preferably physics).
- Affinity with reading and analyzing scientific and patent literature is required
- Working experience with semiconductor technology and/or high tech industry is preferred
- Familiarity with intellectual property or competitive intelligence is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Preferably knowledge of the Chinese or Japanese language
- Solution-minded, precise and practical
- Work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Negotiate and set priorities to manage your own agenda
- Challenge information and ask the right questions
Context of the position
The Competitive Intelligence Analyst reports to the manager of the CIP Search & Competitive Intelligence group and interfaces with the Patent Attorneys, other members of the CIP organization, engineers and researchers, and managers in other departments such as Marketing and Product Development.
ASML is the world’s leading provider of lithography systems; complex and highly innovative machines that are critical to the production of microchips. With operations all across the globe and a market cap of over EUR 100 billion, ASML is one of the largest technology companies headquartered in Europe.
The CIP department, responsible for defining and implementing ASML's worldwide IP strategy and for ensuring that ASML preserves freedom to operate and protects its technological innovations through the application of IP laws, including patent, copyright, trademark and trade secret laws in countries throughout the world. Our approximately 70 person department has offices in Veldhoven in the Netherlands, and Wilton, San Diego and Silicon Valley in the USA.
This fulltime position is based in our headquarters in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Interested in this role? Please apply with cv and cover letter.