Fully Qualified Lawyer specialized in Labor Law
In a nutshell
Job ID: 1939
Fully Qualified Lawyer specialized in Labor Law
Your working environmentASML is a high-tech company with its headquarters in the Netherlands. We, at ASML, manufacture the complex lithography machines that chip manufacturers use to produce integrated circuits or computer chips. Our Customers include all the world's leading chip manufacturers such as Intel, Samsung and TSMC. What we do is at the heart of all electronic devices that inform, entertain and connect us. Electronic devices that you use every day may simply not exist without our machines. In collaboration with our partners, we drive forward the development of lower-cost, higher-performance and more energy-efficient microchips.
Behind ASML's innovations are researchers, engineers and manufacturing specialists who think ahead. Our company is home to some of the most creative minds in physics, electrical engineering, mathematics, chemistry, mechatronics, optics, mechanical engineering, computer science and software engineering. They work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, listening and learning from each other.
In 2020, ASML acquired all shares of Berliner Glas GmbH - an important supplier to ASML for over 30 years. Berliner Glas was founded in Berlin in 1952 as a glazier and glass wholesaler. Over the next decades, the company evolved into a high-tech, high-precision business critical to the semiconductor supply chain. Today, ASML in Berlin is a major ASML R&D and production facility with expertise in optics and wafer chuck technology.
We are experiencing very exciting times in Berlin. Following the takeover by ASML, we are in a process of change and development that will take us into completely new dimensions. In addition to an enormous investment at all levels of our work, this also includes a significant expansion of our site and a corresponding increase in the number of employees.
Our employees will be the first to benefit from this. The changes are already clearly visible and progress is being made rapidly. Employees can already look forward to two new canteens, a new office building and the first production building based on state-of-the-art approaches.
We are also successfully continuing to shape the labor conditions for our employees. Among other things, we just established a new in-house collective agreement.
In order to be at the top of our game in all matters relating to labor law, contract law, co-determination and collective bargaining law in this extremely exciting phase of our company, we want to strengthen our team with another lawyer.
- Integration of our in-house collective bargaining agreement
- Working out company agreements
- Advising and supporting the HR department and managers on labor law and contractual issues
- Close interaction with employee representatives and participation in matters requiring co-determination
- Cooperation with employers' association and trade union
- Legal assessment and appraisal of issues
- Preparation and support of negotiations
- Close cooperation with our global HR and Legal departments
- Support for HR projects and Group-wide change projects
- Inter-departmental cooperation on topics such as Group policies, privacy, compliance, ethics, training, publications, etc.
- Successfully completed law degree (fully qualified lawyer)
- In-depth knowledge of labor law
- Several years of relevant professional experience, ideally in an international industrial company
- Fluent in spoken and written business English and German.
- Excellent communication skills, strong negotiation skills and outstanding stakeholder management skills
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Good judgment and the ability to make informed decisions
- Ability to strategically analyze problems and find solutions
Further information*Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- A job with a promising future in Berlin Neukölln
- Remuneration in accordance with the IG Metall collective wage agreement (company-specific collective wage agreement) including 13th month’s salary and variable remuneration components
- Working hours 38.5 hours/week; gradual reduction to 35 hours/week by October 2025
- Your daily working hours can be organized on a flexible basis
- Attractive allowances in the shift model
- Specific advanced training and development options
- The opportunity to convert variable remuneration components into additional days off
- Regular company events
- Health and sports offers (e.g. subsidy for sports activities, health days, company doctor, free vaccinations, etc.)
- Travel allowance for BVG company ticket or bicycle
- Reimbursement of moving expenses for you and your family
- Access to organized childcare and vacation care
Are you interested? - Then apply now using our online application form, stating your expected salary as well as your earliest joining date.