23 days ago - req19326
Mechanical Supplier Quality Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) within Development & Engineering you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment.
The SQE maintains and develops the relation with the suppliers with the purpose to create an optimal engineering collaboration between the suppliers and ASML designers. Using your personal and technical skills, you will work closely with the suppliers & ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of this cross-sector activity is to secure the quality of parts delivered by our suppliers. You will drive industrialization during new product development by involving those who will manufacture it. This is accomplished by fostering engineering collaboration between suppliers and ASML development departments, and driving co-design activities at suppliers. You will also understand and leverage supplier technology and processes into ASML new product development projects.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Within the D&E organization, the SQE is responsible for new product introduction from early supplier involvement until the product design and supplier process is mature enough to be released for volume. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking, and people skills, you work closely with suppliers to build up an intimate knowledge of their manufacturing and technological capabilities. NOTE: This is a technical position in a highly technical company and not a general Quality Assurance/Black Belt/Lean Manufacturing role. Those skills are necessary but not of primary concern.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, your main tasks will include:
- Ensure that part quality, manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered during the early design phase, including implementation of lessons learned.
- Work closely with the design team to provide manufacturability input during the early phases of the design. Provide input on optimal machining geometry, materials, finishes, treatments, joining methods, cleaning, and others.
- Responsible for quality and process robustness at suppliers and with their second-tier suppliers.
- Contribute to supplier development (e.g., help implement SPC, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, and operational excellence at suppliers).
- Reduce risk in supplier manufacturing processes by optimizing quality, testing and qualification infrastructure by using pFMEA’s and manufacturing flow analysis. Understand fabrication processes to estimate and drive manufacturing cost targets.
- Analyze and drive technical solutions in material quality issues and escalations.
- Monitor and drive supplier yield improvements and technical process improvements.Participate in supplier improvement projects when necessary (e.g., cycle-time reduction, cost reduction).
- Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits.
- Coordinating role with respect to all SQE activities and deliverables including other cross sector colleagues within the allocated project.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Additional education in relevant engineering subjects are highly desirable.
- At least 8 years relevant work experience in a high-tech environment in the field of process development, design engineering, manufacturing or a combination including experience with:
- Manufacturing techniques including 5 axis CNC machining, EDM, bonding and joining, materials, coatings, and precision measurement.
- Experience in at least one of the following:Precision mechanics, opto-mechanics, electro-mechanics.
- Supply chain processes in a new product introduction (NPI) environment.
- Technical improvement projects in supply chain operations.
- Value Engineering and cost-reduction projects.
- Working closely with suppliers on technical aspects, process development, manufacturing flow.
- Proactive approach, taking initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Results-oriented with strong planning and prioritization skills.
- Analytical, abstract thinker.
- Able to function in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Team player, shares knowledge, while able to act independently.
- Strong negotiation skills during interactions with suppliers and other ASML sectors. Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs. Business demands will require travel (~20% but could be more during escalation situations and at with notice).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1