20 days ago - req19481
Junior Mechatronics Integrator/Designer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
Introduction to the job
Do you have a background in Mechatronics, Control, Dynamics, Mechanical engineering or Electrical engineering? And some experience in integration, test planning, test execution and (re)design of Mechatronics systems? Then this position can be very interesting for you!
Role and responsibilities
Contribute to and take responsibility for the integration and qualification of specific functions of a mechatronic (sub-)systems like the projection optics box or wafer stage module. If needed, (re)design of the mechatronics architecture or function of a module. Your job embodies integration, test planning and test execution, with the emphasis on functional performance, signal analysis, functional integration and troubleshooting (both in the factory as at customers), to verify that the design meets specification. Note, escalations at customers are handled mostly from Veldhoven, however travel about once a year is possible. In case the specifications are not met, problem identification, root-cause analysis, containment, risk assessment towards other machines and redesign of the functionality are needed.
- Integration and test of the mechatronic modules: planning and execution
- Provide test rig, proto, pilot, standby and integration support in case of escalations
- Interface towards other projects and sectors. Build up a network with relevant stakeholders in field and factory
- Build up and maintain specialist knowledge in the fields of Servo Control / Motion Control, signal analysis and testing and basic knowledge of the areas software, mechanics, optics, electronics, actuators, sensors and dynamics and apply this knowledge in case of (re)design of functions within the modules.
- Documentation of specifications, design, test results and lessons learned. Prepare and execute knowledge transfers to the factory and the field.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at end to end responsibility of a mechatronics module or function.
Education and experience
- Technical University Masters/PhD in Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Control, Dynamics, Electrical engineering or Technical Physics.
- Master graduates are welcome to apply with relevant experience from internships/projects. Please, make sure to add your grades and cover letter (with more details about your relevant experience) to the application.
- A solid basis in mechatronics with good feeling for mechanics, electronics, software and measurement systems is required.
- Experience in multidisciplinary projects involving mechatronics, optics, electronics and software is a pre.
- Eager to learn and challenge the unknown.
- You get energy from escalations (which can be hectic) and helping our customers in an effective way forward. If needed even at customer locations. Exhibit a service minded attitude towards those you support and solve problems once and for all.
- Team player. Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
- Skilled in Matlab and Matlab Simulink
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development (MSD) is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems, functions and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
The holder of the position reports to the group leader of a group within the MSD department and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Please know that several of our mechatronic development groups are expanding so this is a pipeline vacancy for the whole department. After receiving your application we will look at your profile and see if we can match it with existing or upcoming positions. We will contact you as soon as there is a suitable opportunity, which might take longer than screening process for regular vacancies.
Some of our positions might require access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.