1 day ago - req19481
Mechatronic Designer (MATLAB/Simulink expert)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
Do you have a background in Mechatronics, Control, Dynamics, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering? And do you get energy from designing and implementing high quality algorithms in MATLAB and Simulink (StateFlow) for mechatronic systems? Then this position can be very interesting for you!
Contribute to design and re-design of calibration, performance and diagnostics tests using MATLAB and Simulink. Your code will be compiled into real time software and be applied directly on the ASML machines to calibrate mechatronic modules, verify its performance and diagnose if necessary. Your job embodies specification, design, integration and test execution, with the emphasis on your MATLAB algorithms. During integration, in case the specifications are not met, problem identification, root-cause analysis, containment, risk assessment towards other machines and redesign of the functionality are needed.
- Design and integrate calibration, performance and diagnostics test software using MATLAB and Simulink (StateFlow).
- Focus on algorithm design and implementation.
- Develop and maintain MATLAB components and (standalone) tools
- Develop and maintain MATLAB StateFlow charts
- Provide test rig, proto, pilot, standby and integration support in case of escalations
- Build up and maintain specialist knowledge in the fields of Servo Control / Motion Control, signal analysis and testing and basic knowledge of the areas software, mechanics, optics, electronics, actuators, sensors and dynamics and apply this knowledge in case of (re)design of functions within the modules.
- Document specifications, design, test results and lessons learned. Prepare and execute knowledge transfers to the factory and the field.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at end to end responsibility of a mechatronics module or function.
Technical University Masters/PhD in Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Control, Dynamics or Electrical engineering.
At least 3 years of relevant work experience, including:
- Professional user knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink;
- Experience with creating high quality code in MATLAB, which is directly applied at real time platforms;
- A solid basis in mechatronics;
- Experience working in multidisciplinary project teams; specifically working closely together with software designers is required;
- Knowledge of software quality industry standard processes and testing methodologies is a pre.
- Team player with good communication skills;
- Eager to learn and challenge the unknown;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Strong quality focus with a pragmatic attitude.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader of a group within the Mechatronics Systems Development department and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.