18 days ago - req19463
Sr FPGA Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Contribute to the specification, design, implementation and validation of FPGAs within highly reliable electronics for ASML's EUV systems. Participate in cross-functional teams and work with multiple engineering groups to outline and create FPGA designs and associated engineering documentation. Design, implement and test new FPGA features while using robust methodologies defined as a part of the design process. Work with advanced technologies including digital communication (PCIe, 1G+ Ethernet,EtherCAT, etc), photo-detectors, signal acquisition, and distributed high precision timestamping. Assist cross-functional teams with the integration of the FPGA designs into the system environment.Past experience with a variety of interfacing standards such as LVDS, LVPECL, LVCMOS required.
- Create FPGA requirement specifications from contributing flow down documents.
- Generate test specifications to track and ensure functional specifications are fully met
- Ability to work independently as well as communicate and work well within the FPGA team
- Interact with other design groups such as software and controls to facilitate the design effort Ability to understand system requirements to formulate FPGA requirements, to write design specifications, develop memory map, write test requirements and develop proof of validation required
- Apply use of best design practices with a strong bias of what it takes to deliver highly reliable designs
- Own quality of all assigned deliverables
BSEE required, MSEE preferred
- 6+ years experience in electronic design, with hands-on experience in requirements specification, detailed design, design validation and qualification
- Deep knowledge and understanding of digital design fundamentals
- Strong competence of FPGA tooling including synthesis, building, timing analysis and simulation
- Experienced with architecting and coding FPGAs using VHDL
- Hands-on experience with board, module and system level electronic troubleshooting , includingexperience with engineering test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and bus analyzers
- Demonstrated ability to work in a process driven environment, with a structured problem solving approach
- SystemVerilog proficiency for design verification a big plus
- Familiarity with PCIe, Gigabit Ethernet, SRIO FPGA cores a big plus
- Bash/perl/python scripting a big plus for verification, validation and process automation.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix OS is a plus
- Knowledge of change management and revision control tools such as SVN or Git will be a plus
Strong communication skills including ability to author technical specifications, and procedures
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability