27 days ago - req19530
Digital Business Architect
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
ASML is a world leading manufacturer of chip-making equipment. With its state-of-the-art technology, the company empowers its customers to develop ever faster, smaller, cheaper and more energy efficient computer chips.
CHANGING THE WORLD, ONE NANOMETER AT A TIME
There is a big chance ASML is part of the electronic device you’re using right now. The company’s lithography technology – which uses light to print tiny patterns on silicon – is fundamental to the mass production of computer chips. ASML’s portfolio includes the hardware, software and services that enable the world’s leading chipmakers to increase the value and reduce the cost of a chip.
Entering the time of immersive computing, everybody and everything will be connected and the lines between the physical and the digital will (further) blur. There will be advancements such as 5G connectivity, AI, autonomous cars and artificial neural networks. ASML’s technological innovations work as a catalyst for these developments.
The lithography leader is headquartered in Veldhoven and employs nearly 25,000 people worldwide, spread across 60+ offices in 16 countries. In 2019, ASML’s net sales added up to 11.8 billion euro’s. Key to success is strong focus on R&D, manufacturing and customer support.
Within the Corporate Strategy and Business Development (CSBD) department, the “Digital Business Models” group is dedicated to:
- Drive and support corporate and cross-BL digital projects for BoM
- Deliver long-term strategic digital options roadmap
- Support digital strategy of BLs and Sectors
- Explore, develop, and integrate into the ASML ecosystem valuable businesses, which address our burning digital strategic challenges
As such, the Digital Business Architect will make relevant contributions to perpetuate Moore’s law for the ASML ecosystem by reinforcing our business in core and adjacencies.
The Digital Business Architect role offers the best of both worlds to candidates: on the one hand, deep exposure to semiconductor technologies, on the other hand the operational challenge of developing and executing compelling business propositions, which perpetuate Moore’s law for the ASML ecosystem.” – Philipp Strack, Head of Corporate Strategy and Business Development, ASML
The opportunity is well suited for entrepreneurially minded professionals from Start-Up Companies, Tier-1 consulting firms, Technology Companies, or the Investment industry, who look for a high-impact role.
Among the responsibilities of the Digital Business Architect are:
- Participate in identifying and prioritizing Strategic Digital Challenges of the organization
- Participate in identifying and evaluating use cases and customer needs for digital technologies
- Work in content within a highly technical team to drive digital roadmap propositions
- Prepare and present engagement pitches and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Independently lead and drive business projects including responsibility for recruiting team, budget, and manage deliverables
- Network both inside ASML and in ASML’s semiconductor ecosystem for both, opportunity flow and execution of business projects with partners
The broad set of priorities make the role of Digital Business Architect diverse and challenging. It offers the chance to work closely together with the Executive Committee and other senior stakeholders, making it a perfect landing spot at ASML.
MSc or PhD university degree in STEM subjects with results in the top 25% of your class (or other experiences demonstrating analytical rigor and problem-solving capabilities).
Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a high-performance environment (Start-Up Companies, Tier-1 consulting firms, Technology Companies, or the Investment industry).
- High sense of urgency and drive to deliver investment and business results in an ambiguous environment
- Passion for technology questions and quantitative analysis
- Data-driven, logical communicator, able to extract key messages for decision-making
- Pro-active and resilient self-starter with a pragmatic attitude
- Change leader and networker, able to coordinate and influence
Context of the position
The Business Architect will report to Philipp Strack and works together with other Corporate Departments, Product Marketing of the Business Lines, as well as experts from technical units such as System Engineering, Research, and Development & Engineering. The Business Architect should strive for taking up operational roles in the Business Projects.
Interested? Please apply with your CV, motivation for the role, and certificates of academic grades or similar achievements.