11 days ago - req19607
Cost Architect DUV NXT
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechatronics
Are you an engineer with broad interest and technical knowledge? Do you want to work with and challenge highly technical skilled teams and bring insight in cost structures of our products? Apply now, because you might be the cost architect we are looking for.
Lifecycle Cost and Value Management provides a structured approach to increase ASML profitability by improving the Value of our products for our customers and reducing its integral Costs.
The Cost Architect predicts, assesses, and drives the total cost of our machines, creates awareness of the value- and cost drivers in cooperation with the sectors within our organization. This will allow us to steer towards an balanced cost and value, leading towards maximized overall margin.
The Cost Architect operates as part of a multi-disciplinary team specifying the new machine generations that support our customer’s roadmaps. This includes strong cooperation with marketing, system engineering, development and sourcing.
The Cost Architect is responsible for providing a specification for Cost of Goods and gives insight in various other cost elements, e.g. factory cost, service cost and install cost.
- Create Cost breakdowns and cost specificationsin engineering documents on Function Cluster and Building Block level. Handshake these cost breakdowns and specifications with the different stakeholders (project leads, architects, function owners and sourcing)
- Create Cost SDR (system design rational) documentation that is the underpinning of costs in new or changed designs
- Introduce Cost Monitoring in projects,reporting to the Cost project leader and program manager
- Actively drive opportunities to optimize for cost: analyze cost drivers, raise cost opportunities, follow up the cost initiatives
- Support in system roadmaps and function roadmaps by assessing the impact of different scenarios
- Create insight and transparency on commonality for current situation. From there identify and propose different scenarios together with BL and Sectors to optimize the integral impact for the business (integral business case)
- Manage interface towards sourcing
- Explore new optimization areas and work methods leading to efficient and pragmatic processes
- Build up competencies in Cost Management and Commonality approach
Master or Bachelorin Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 5 years experience in product architecture, product design and industrialization, preferably in Semiconductor / Automotive / Electronics Industry
- Experience in cost structure analysis, product cost optimization and integral financial impact analysis
- Familiar with value engineering and cost engineering methods and techniques
- Good knowledge of database tools and reporting tools (Excel, Access, SAP, Spotfire)
- Team player
- Excellent analytical skills
- Show cost awareness
- Personal engagement
- Good communication skills
- Can do mentality
- Detail oriented
- Detail focused
Context of the position
The Cost Architect will operate from the Lifecycle Cost and Value Management program and be present in major New Product introductions from the Business Line DUV. The Cost Architectwill work with technical teams to determine cost specifications and cost predictions of Function Cluster and Building Blocks. Regular cost roll-up and reporting on Function Cluster level, Building Block level, and purchasing level will create an increased cost awareness and sense of urgency in the organization to drive costs down.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.