30+ days ago - req19624
CS Upgrades Generalist Source
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
“Manage and keep track on complex field upgrades and activities, enabling the field teams to unlock the potential of ASML products for our customers”.
As a Generalist you are the first point of contact for technical support for Upgrades of ASML Systems in the field. You are responsible for identifying, documenting and driving improvements in order to reduce upgrade cycle time. You will do this by analyzing the technical feedback given during the preparation phase and by driving solutions to issues that arise during upgrades. Further, you will create a better future as a “technical conscience” during the New Product Introduction phase of a commercial upgrade package by securing lessons learned to prevent issues from reoccurring on future upgrades. In all situations your first priority is to be an ambassador for safety.
Within ASML the Customer Support (CS) group is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations. One of the departments in this group is CS NXE Upgrades/Install. This organization prepares and executes complex upgrades such as commercial upgrades and field swaps and “bring to spec packages”.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- As an ASML Upgrade Generalist you will be the technical expert who analyzes and reports the impact of issues found during the preparation phase of upgrades and advises on aspects like cycle time, parts usage, and skills needed.
- Monitors the upgrades and advises on identifiable risk for the coming 24 hours.
- Prevent known issues from occurring, securing lessons learned and by pro-active remote involvement in the upgrade.
- First point of contact for troubleshooting technical problems and involving other departments when needed.
- Deliver technical support to contribute to rapid solutions and containment of complex technical issues.
- Take proper actions to minimize impact on cycle time when issues arise.
- Involve additional help, from other departments (D&E, IE, MF, SV, etc.), in cases where we are not able to solve the issue in time. Ensure adherence to proper escalation process.
- Manage the technical escalation, by ensuring that the right data is available and provide routine update to management and stakeholders.
- Prevent issues from re-occurring by ensuring proper issue resolution in cooperation with the responsible project leader.
- Pro-actively look at proposed upgrade scenario and identify missing items and potential bottlenecks.
- Participate in the New Product Introduction phase for new upgrade products and implement lessons learned from volume upgrades.
MSc technical degree like Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics, (Applied) Physics or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex production processes, preferably with trouble-shooting: analyzing problem, finding root cause and solution.
- At least 1-3 years’ work experience in analysis of complex problems.
- Extended experience with ASML metrology sequences.
- Engineers with at least 2 years relevant ASML experience are preferred.
- Open for cultural differences.
- Pragmatic attitude, motivated, pro-active, self-driven and flexible.
- High sense of responsibility and devotion.
- Highly stress-resistant.
- Broad technical and business knowledge.
- Strong analytical ability and focus on problem solving.
- Good documentation skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good team player who is committed to the success of ASML.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, in English.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- In this role you will report to your Group Leader in CS NXE Upgrades.
- Flexibility to travel to other countries including Taiwan, Korea, USA and Israel, with short notice (30- 50%) if needed, with uninterrupted periods up to 3 weeks in a row.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability