You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior design engineer in Flow and Thermal domains
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are responsibility and ownership your key strengths? Can you translate (high-level) performance requirements into a robust design and do you take the lead in getting technical issues solved? Do you see the big picture without missing the important details and are you capable to provide technical direction through different development phases; while focusing on performance, financial as well as industrialization aspects? Then we want to get in touch with you.
In the position of senior design engineer, you are responsible for the conceptualization, detailed design and technical product documentation (drawings and other required documents for manufacturing) of flow and thermal (sub-)modules. Our objective is that you will become one of the technical leads for flow and thermal designs of ASML’s lithography tools!
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The work consists of a translation of overall system design into a flow and thermal design that meets the agreed requirements. Design qualification and proving that the design is working as intended during the specification phase is another important responsibility. The design engineer generally reports to the Main Deliverable Owner (MDO) of the project. He or she maintains regular alignment with the owner of the sub-function which his or her deliverables contribute to. Project team sizes vary from a few people to more than twenty people, a substantial part of which may be at a co-developer.
- 3D modeling and drawings using Siemens NX software, and implementation of Engineering Change(s) using Siemens Team Center
- Translate performance specifications into design specification for modules and sub-modules
- Creation and validation of new concepts: steer concept design choice, organize and prepare design reviews
- Give input (design effort) for planning for modules and sub-modules
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers
- Solve issues: propose solution and implementation plan
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability (via Supply Quality Engineer)
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or related.
- + 5 relevant years of experience in designing modules or sub-modules into a Flow and Thermal design
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts
- Technical communication with suppliers
- CAD 3D modeling and drawings (preferable UG/NX).
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to perform in highly dynamic environment
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and verbal).
Context of the position
ASML’s Development and Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In this sector, the department of Machine Conditioning (MC), specifies, designs and does the functional integration of the various (sub-)modules and architectures related to the Flow and Thermal domains. The department consists of discipline- and function-oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular knowledge/skills, architecture or modules in ASML machines.
This is a pipeline vacancy, meaning multiple hiring managers have acces to screen CV's in this vacancy. The purpose is that we're looking for future growth and people that will become lead designer in time.
Your application will be processed in this requisition up until the final interview. If we decide to hire you for the job, your application will be moved to an onboarding vacancy.
Please add your most recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application. In the motivation letter we want to read about your leadership skills and design experience. If you don't live in the Netherlands yet, we also want to see a motivation on the decision you've made to move.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.