15 days ago - req19607
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechatronics
Are you an engineer with broad interest and technical knowledge, who wants to work and challenge highly technical skilled teams and bring insight in cost structures of our products, then Value Engineering might be something for you.
Under the umbrella of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Value Engineering provides a structured approach to increase ASML profitability by improving the Value of our products for our customers and reducing its integral Costs.
The PLM Team specifies the total cost of ownership of our machines and creates awareness of the value- and cost drivers in cooperation with the sectors within our organization. This will allow us to steer on margin optimization instead of cost reduction only.
The Value Engineer will operate from the Deep UV Cost Team and be present in projects and programsthat require an extra focus on cost because of impact or risk. The Value Engineer will work with technical teams to determine actual cost estimates of building blocks, value based cost improvements and support the Cost Architect in managing these costs towards the targets. Acting as partner in the D&E teams / Functional clusters and create an increased cost awareness, sense of urgency and facilitate to drive costs down.
Context of the position
- Initiation of Value Engineering workshops and activities, identification of Value – Cost optimization opportunities in cross-functional collaboration with project teams, technical experts, procurement and suppliers;
- Leading Value Engineering activities for selected key projects until business case approval;
- Drive for commonality in new product introductions;
- Supporting Development and Engineering, sourcing and Business Lines in the application of value and cost optimization methods:
- during the product design phase / during other phases of the product lifecycle;
- in cross-functional workshops including suppliers;
- via training on Value Engineering methodologies.
- Maintain network with internal and external partners;
- Support the product cost roadmap together with the Cost Architect.
Master in Physics, Electronical Engineering, Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in product architecture, product design and industrialization;
- Experience in cost structure analysis, product cost optimization, cost driver analysis and target costing;
- Familiar with Value Engineering methods and techniques;
- Preferred experience in electronical product design
- Build relationships;
- Drive change;
- You dare to challenge;
- High analytical skills;
- Influencing skills towards cross functional partners as well as suppliers;
- Personal engagement, customer orientation, empathy, excellent communication skills, pioneering spirit and assertiveness.
- Natural starter;
- Creative, Conceptual;
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.