11 days ago - req19744
Architect - Advanced Development Center
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is seeking an experienced multi-disciplinary engineer with expertise in metrology, material science, manufacturingprocesses of glass and ceramics to produce ultra-high precision systems. This person will join the Advanced Development Center in Wilton, Connecticut - A Research and development team focused on proto-typing and industrialization of next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems. The main job function is to define and specify requirement and implement the technical solutions required to manufacture precision wafer clamping systems used in ASML lithography tools. In this role you will focus on process and wafer table product development from concept through prototyping to industrialization. You will work with product architects and system engineers to arrive at manufacturable solutions that meet system performance requirements and secure the ASML roadmap by solving challenging engineering problems associated with achieving nanometer scale performance.
The Advanced Development Center in Wilton, Connecticut is a multi-disciplinary group of engineers and scientists focused on developing solutions, proto-typing & industrialization of next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems that meet the system performance requirements.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The main focus of this position will be:
- Define tools and process requirements at architecture level for hardware, process and software based developments in a multidisciplinary development team to drive flatness, top surface performance and manufacturable wafer table solution.
- Generate and maintain performance and issue overviews, steer new developments, correlate customer performance feedback to new solutions or improvements.
- Consolidate roadmaps and solutions with other departments within ASML delivering process solutions that lead to require on-product performance and cycle time and manufacturabilityrequirements.
- Contribution to the overlay roadmap: generate solutions that increase customer value.
- Generate and define solutions that realize the specified requirements on both performance and industrialization aspects. Drive verification of the proposed solutions by testing and modelling.
- Solve performance and factory issues: lead in analyzing and solving complex issues at our customers and factory in a structured way.
- Interface technically with other projects and stakeholders: serves as technical interface to wafer table product groups, manufacturing leads, Customer Support, and System Engineering.
- Define work break down structure, support Project lead in the decision making and risk mitigation planning. Technically guide the team through solution implementation and verification.
- Solve any engineering challenges that we encounter in manufacturing processes, metrology, data analysis as the precision requirements get to the sub-nanometer scale.
- Create and maintain a roadmap of manufacturing processes, surface coatings and morphology, metrology and data analysis to support next generation ASML products by investigating possible candidate techniques and processes; evaluating their capabilities and limitations.
- Prepare and review leading system engineer documentation (Element Performance Specifications, Element Design Specifications, Test Performance Specification; Test Analysis Reports) through review, release and change control.
- Prepare and drive design reviews in your team.
- Clearly communicating progress and status of ongoing technical activities to senior management.
- Some travel ( ~10%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected.
MS in Physics, Material Sciences, Optics or other engineering disciplines, or equivalent experience.
- At least 10 years industry experience driving and solving multi-disciplinary technical problems.
- Preferred: Phd in Physics, Material Sciences, Optics or other engineering disciplines with at least 8 years industry experience driving and solving multi-disciplinary technical problems.
- Motivated, driven & curious. Excellent analytical and experimental skills.
- Technically strong with broad technical skill set. Ability to interface and dive deep into various engineering and science disciplines such as material science, materials characterization, surface tribology, system engineering, Optics, electronics, mechanical design, simulation etc.
- Expert knowledge in characterization techniques such as SEM/EDS, SIMS, XPS, TEM/EELS, AFM, interferometer, white light interferometer, etc beneficial.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes for diamond, DLC, glass and ceramics with excellent understanding of material to material interactions (especially diamond, ceramics, glasses, thin film materials, gases, etc).
- Good understanding of manufacturing techniques like coating (eg sputtering, PECVD, CVD) contacting, bonding, etching & Lithography on glass and ceramics.
- Knowledge in ion beam figuring / etching, laser ablation or similar technology is a plus.
- Working knowledge in thin film deposition / evaporation technology.
- Statistical data analysis and expertise in Python, Matlab, JMP etc a plus.
- Good knowledge in manufacturing process optimization.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of friction and wear processes of metallic, ceramic, and polymeric materials is a plus.
- Experience within ASML is a plus.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results on time while under time constraints;High energy, high ownership, high level of dedication.
- Willingness to jump in on new issues, get to root cause and propose practical solutions.
- Be able to break down complex problems with limited data and driving to solutions – strong critical thinking capability.
- Have demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to drive and lead multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility.
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability