12 days ago - req19773
Lead Engineer Mechanical Constructions
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? Do you want to work within a dedicated team to achieve breakthroughs? Do you have interest in a being a part of a high-qualified international oriented family? Are you in for developing your personal skills by being pro-active and inquisitive? You have a minimum of 7 years of experience and minimum a bachelor education? If so, then the job of Lead Engineer at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
To contribute to the development of products by designing, creating and testing sub-systems within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
- Working on the design of one or more products, creating designs with a small team of mechanical experts in project setting.
- Continuously improving quality of mechanical design is a main requirement.
- The Lead Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of specific mechanical functions, he/she is working together with the architect, team lead and (jr) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service products.
- Specifies and designs modules and related parts supporting different (sub)systems.
- Is a technical leader to define the solution and guide several engineers as well as managing supplier feedback.
- Is responsible to apply the correct mechanical construction principles.
- Realizes the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
- Designs and realizes tests and appliances and is responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Is responsible for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service.
BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant working experience.
- TC/NX experience is preferred.
- Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Expert knowledge of mechanical engineering is a must.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of parts/(sub)modules.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive his/her own development.
- Fluent in English
- Show ownership in not only implementing a module, but a function.
Context of the position
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Chip-making equipment. ASML is a multinational company with offices in 60 cities in 16 countries, Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. We employ more than 17.500 people. Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products.
For this sector (D&E) we are looking for a Lead Engineer in the group Mechanical Layout EUV systems in the department EUV scanner.
The Lead Engineer reports to the team leader Mechanical Constructions and Functional Architect. The Lead Engineer is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.
You may also attach a portfolio.