13 days ago - req19786
Manufacturing and Equipment Engineer (Software)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Is it your strength to define crystal clear production and service processes and do you want to be involved in the proto and pilot phase of new developments? Do you understand complex machine software processes with many inter-module dependencies and people behavior in sophisticated manufacturing and service environments? Are you able to influence product design and drive ASML’s system availability, reliability and cycle time? Then the job of Industrial Engineer for Dose Control NXE might be just the one for you!
ASML’s TWINSCAN NXE platform is the industry’s first production platform for extreme ultraviolet lithography. The NXE step-and-scan systems use EUV light, generated by a tin-based plasma source, to enable her customers to continue Moore’s law by manufacturing integrated circuits on an ever smaller scale. Dose Control is the functionality of this system that continuously takes care of providing the right amount of energy per wafer area during each and every die exposure. A non-optimal dose has direct impact on the imaging performance of the system and can lead to variations in the end-product (i.e. integrated circuit) that are not desired from a functionality and quality point of view.
As an Industrial Engineer for Dose Control NXE in the D&E EUV Optical Column department, you will be operating in a multi-disciplinary environment as a member of the Industrialization group and as part of the Dose Control NXE project.
In this job you will mainly focus on four areas.
- Be responsible for the implementation and optimization of new software functionalities that are related to the Dose Control handing within the step-and-scan system. In exceptional cases you will also work on the implementation of hardware items (e.g. sensors and associated electronics) that are needed to enable these functionalities.
- Deliver the work preparation and service mix which is needed for respectively the workers in the EUV factory and field service engineers at our customer sites, to be able to effectuate, calibrate, qualify, diagnose and recover Dose Control functionalities.
- Maintain the alignment on agreed cycle time and availability budgets with System Engineering, architects, the EUV Factory and Customer Support, and drive for the implementation of those ideas that are necessary to bring the final performance in line with the agreed budgets.
- Ensure that the requirements on manufacturability and serviceability are properly documented, and successfully implemented in the product designs and associated manufacturing and service processes.
You will be the focal point between the Development & Engineering, EUV Factory and Customer Support sectors. You will ensure optimal production and servicing of ASML’s latest EUV lithography system for the Dose control function. You will do this by ensuring that industrialization requirements, such as cycle time and availability are properly taken into account in the designs of new software (and hardware) solutions.
Your activities will be, among other things:
- Define, realize and optimize the production and service processes for Dose Control NXE, and point out structural problems and bottlenecks, work out suggestions for improvements, all in close cooperation with surrounded departments, such as the EUV Factory and Customer Support.
- Write and verify the procedures for the factory and field service engineers.
- Provide effective troubleshoot documentation, such as Out of Control Action Plans (OCAPs), Problem Cause Solutions (PCSs) and Deterministic Diagnostic Flows (DDFs).
- Identify and work out diagnostics improvements for the factory and field service engineers to improve theirtroubleshoot capabilities
- Drive continuous improvement by translating lessons learned back into process and product improvements.
- Maintain alignment on agreed cycle time and availability budgets, and drive for the implementation of those ideas that are needed to bring these important drivers within budget.
- Transfer knowledge to factory and field service engineers.
- Provide support (hands-on, if applicable) for factory and customer issues.
- Manage customer escalations and ensure timely resolution.
BSc or MSc degree in Technical Engineering, such as Physics, Optics, Mechatronics, Industrial or Electrical Engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production and service processes.
- Familiar with product development in a concurrent engineering environment.
- Strong affinity with complex software processes in high-tech equipment.
- Good understanding of Design for Diagnostics.
- Real team player, and when needed, able to work independently
- Good communication skills in both oral and written English
- Initiative; take steps proactively to improve processes and products, and to prevent issues
- Results oriented; drive the realization of agreed industrialization deliverables on time
- Quality minded; deliver work of high quality that is in line with the industrialization standards
- Leadership; drive the implementation of structural solutions that bring cycle time and availability within spec
- Recognizes opportunities and threats; taking own initiative immediately
- Ability to take a helicopter view and to put oneself in the position of the customer
- Eager and get-it-done mentality
- Committed and flexible attitude
- Familiar with escalation management
- Out-of-the-box thinker
- Incidental traveling to ASML’s customers in Asia or the US might be required in this role.
Context of the position
The D&E EUV Optical Column department is part of the EUV business line of ASML. Its task is to specify, develop, integrate and qualify the optical column of the EUV lithography machine in specification, time and budget. The holder of this position reports to the group manager of the Industrialization group, which is part of the above-mentioned Optical Column department.