30+ days ago - req19775
Physics Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Optical engineering
ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce creating, with strong support of our suppliers, the lithographic tools the industry needs to achieve its goals.
We are looking for a design engineer that takes the challenge to design, test and integrate, together with the project team, the dose control function into our EUV scanners.
As a design engineer in the EUV Optical Column development department you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary environment in our dose control team.
You will be part of the Dose Control project team and contribute to deliver the EUV Dose Control function. The Dose Control comprises both HW (Energy Sensor/Spot Slit sensor) & SW (e.g., scanner and to the source, measurement and calibration of Dose and performance qualification. Within Dose Control competence, you will use your creativity to come up with new designs to improve the current and future dose control function.
You will also finalize and verify your design including aspects related to field and customer usage, cost, availability and reliability and cycle time.
Additionally, you will be solving machine issues related to Dose Control.
In order to fulfill this role you need to align within the team on design and integration aspects and collaborate with different competences and interfacing projects to get the designs implemented and integrated. Also, it is relevant to make sure the interests of the EUV factory and the CS sectors are properly covered. Using your technical knowledge, analytical thinking and people skills you will work closely together with the project team and interfacing projects and sectors.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Design, test and integrate part of the dose control function
- Document the designs and integration results
- Build proofbook database on dose control performance, analyze and interpret data and present conclusions and recommendations how to improve
- Develop / improve on off-line tooling (MATLAB) for data analysis
- Support dose control issue solving and customer specific requests, interact with project team and customer support on specific customer questions
Master’s degree or PhD in physics / optics, electronics, or related.
Some experience (>2 years) in a multidisciplinary environment related to design and integration of complex systems is needed, preferably with a focus on / clear contributions to sensor and control aspects of system design. Experience with MATLAB is a pro.
- The following personal skills are crucial to a successful execution:
- Ability to think on a functional level and translate into designs
- Ability to integrate functions in complex systems
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions, ability to convey these in an understandable fashion.
- Team player with ability to build network towards other parts of the ASML organization.
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive
- Flexible, result driven and committed
- Good analytical skills and drive for quality.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the Sector Development and Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification of trade-offs across sectors.
The department DE EUV Optical Column is responsible for delivery of the illumination, dose control, projection and imaging metrology functions for EUV. The department supplies resources, means and methods and technology to ensure these deliveries in all the different product phases.
The holder of this position is reporting to the Dose & System
Control Group Leader.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.