30+ days ago - req19700
Senior Linux IT Infrastructure Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
The Electrical Engineering environment at ASML worldwide is used by more than 800 research and development engineers. We are looking for an experienced Application Support Engineer passionate about Electrical Engineering, who likes working in a multidisciplinary environment and who would like to be part of one of the biggest high-tech communities worldwide.
Are you an expert in Linux infrastructure? Are you triggered by complex technical challenges?
We have a job for you!
Managing and maintaining the Infrastructure of the ASML software development environment, in cooperation with teams internal and external to the Engineering IT Services Hardware department.
You will be part of the Engineering IT Services Hardware team consisting of more than 25 people.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Managing and Maintaining the Software Engineering Infrastructure on Linux and Windows;
- The main part of the environment is built on Linux and VMware, development and deployment is done using Puppet, git, Terraform, and Jenkins. Key in the development of these complex environments are automation, Infrastructure-as-Code and introduction of cloud elements.
- Take ownership of the infrastructure environment as provided to the internal customer. The infrastructure environment supports more than 4000 software developers;
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users;
- Participate as technical expert in running projects for DevOps teams;
- Investigate and implement non-standard changes with a limited scope;
- Give support in solving difficult 3rd line incidents related to the hardware infrastructure;
- Strong partner in discussions with Infrastructure architects and DevOps teams;
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
Bachelor level or equivalent in Information Technology.
You should be well acquainted with software development.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Relevant experience and proven experience in large technical complicated development environments
- Very thorough understanding and practical experience with:
- Linux Infrastructure, Windows server
- Linux virtualizations and automation techniques: Docker, VMWare, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization such as Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Rundeck, Jenkins and Packer.
- Knowledge regarding management of large server and VDI environments
- Knowledge of storage, network and database solutions
- Knowledge of ClearCase, Clearquest, GIT or SVN;
- Have affinity with IT systems and structures and think in business process modeling terms.
- Experience with Agile/ devops, (JIRA)
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Pragmatic, flexible (occasional evening or weekend work) and committed to quality.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
- Team worker, good social skills, customer-oriented.
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user.
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is IT EIS (Engineering IT Services); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT EIS supports two development disciplines: Hardware (mechanical, electrical) and Software engineering. The Technical Application Manager for Engineering IT Services will be active in the HW engineering group, supporting engineering applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will report to the Solution Team Manager HW of the IT EIS department.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
We expect that your application is accompanied by a Motivation Letter indicating why you are interested in this position and why this position is a match with your skills and experience. Applications without a Motivation Letter will automatically get rejected.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.