18 days ago - req19768
UI/UX developer, researcher - Internship
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
No experience (Student)
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This role involves developing the front-end interface for ASML’s Computational Lithography platform.The UI/UX developer will work closely with an international, multi-disciplinary team to create highly usable products. The candidate will possess the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable software interface.
- Develop UI/UIX (User Interface / User Experience) based software applications
- Implement new functional capabilities
- Implement bug fixes of existing implementations
- Design and implement styling changes
- Perform other duties as required
Master or Bachelor's degreein Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Electrical Engineering
The ideal candidate would have a some knowledge of human computer interaction, user-centered design principles, Human Factors Engineering, and interaction design; a good portfolio showing critical thinking in interaction design; intimate understanding of product development processes and methodologies; and hands-on command of the design tools needed to communicate detailed specifications, workflow and wireframes.
- Some experience in interaction design, user research and usability
- UI/UX software interface design
- Experience with HTML, CSS
- Linux OS Experience with code version control
- UI/UX Experience using Qt, Python, JavaFX are plus
- Good academic background, ideally with major in Computer Science, Web Development, UI/UX Design, Human-computer interaction, or a related field of study
- Excellent Communication and teamwork skills with great attention to detail
- Good conceptual skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to articulate at a system level
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability