10 days ago - req19910
Electronics Systems Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Electrical engineering, Electrical engineering, Electrical engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. The Electronics Systems Engineer is responsible for specification, conceptual design, planning, and development of electronic systems in areas of considerable scope and complexity for the industry’s leading micro-lithography systems.
Additional responsibilities include:.
- Act as the Electronic Development representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the Mechatronics Systems and Software Development.
- Define, document and maintain specifications of the electrical architecture, electrical modules and electrical infrastructure.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdown and effort estimation for the various electronics products, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Conducting system and subsystem level integration/testing, data collection, and analyzing the effectiveness of the resulting data.
- Manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
- Solve problems during first system integration.
- Maintain knowledge and roadmap concerning the control electronics within the ASML products. Contribute to the multidisciplinary roadmap.
- Act as a technical coach for designers and other team members.
Bachelor or Master (preferred) of Science degree with major in any/several of the following, or equivalent experience:
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- High-Speed architectures
- 10-12 years of Electronics Systems Development including 5-10 years designing electronics systems.
- Multiple years of experience as designer of electronic functions and sub-systems, including experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics and software.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic systems design and specification. Also knowledge and experience of computer systems is preferred.
- System understanding of DSP implementations (both hardware and software).
- Understanding and knowledge of key aspects of motion control systems.
- Experience in developing and modeling real-time signal processing algorithms with working knowledge of Matlab or similar modeling software.
- Ability to support the testing & troubleshooting of electrical & electronic systems to component level using standard test equipment (oscilloscopes, spectrum.
- Ownership mentality – desire to deliver top quality at right cost, right time.
- Quality focus.
- Good written and oral communications skills – ability to provide technical arguments to influence direction.
- The position requires highly motivated, extremely organized and self-driven individuals.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability