30+ days ago - req19922
Senior Program Manager, Facilities (Design and Construction Program)
Other corporate functions
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
ASML seeks a Senior Program Manager Facilities -(Design and Construction Program) to join our Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Facilities team in San Diego. Responsible to facilitate ASML employees, customers, suppliers and visitors to provide optimal working conditions in a safe and comfortable environment for San Diego and west coast locations.
- Manages the facilities project activities within a Facilities program by provides a broad mechanical engineering design background and has the ability to perform designs, calculations, approve floor plans, construction plans and specs, evaluate contractor bids, and present recommendations to senior management.
- Strong technical knowledge desired in general HVAC, clean room filtration, boilers, water purification, wastewater collection and treatment, central plant utilities exhaust ventilation, air treatment systems, high-purity gas distribution, gas detection, safety alarm systems, electrical distribution and clean room operations.
- Compliance knowledge of building codes, fire/life safety regulations and OSHA requirements desired.
- Creates, tracks, and ensures schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets (specifications), resource plans, manufacturability, reliability, and other general engineering planning activities.
- Ensures that the facilities project plan is communicated and followed within the program’s engineering team.
- Provides feedback to on ways to improve the facilities project planning.
- Manages the effective usage of the design review process within the program’s engineering team and facilitate necessary approvals.
- Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution paths.
- Ensures excellent cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, email, and other means) to ensure coordination between Engineering functional areas and other departments.
- Supports the Facility Director (provides information, fill-in during absence, etc.) as required.
- Creates and manages project budgets, creates purchase requisitions and approves invoices
- Negotiates consulting and construction services contracts
- Manages and ensures that construction and system hookups by outside contractors is done in a safe manner per approved scope, schedule and cost.
- Ensures successful completion of facility projects by ensuring required inspections, commissioning and handoff to facilities maintenance end user(s).
- Ensures proper documentation is completed for facilities project.
- Performs reviews on key developments and drives necessary changes into the Facilities Planning Process or other applicable areas.
- Interprets, implements, and monitors modifications to department methods, processes and policies that affect multiple work groups.
- May provide advanced management direction to a complex technical subject matter area.
- Leads facilities and cross-functional team members consisting of individual contributors and managers to create and execute product development schedules in compliance with corporate roadmaps, business and facility planning guidelines, and program manager/executive guidance on projects.
- Expedites facility project process as required to achieve approved program plans.
- Responsible for facility project documentation from planning through project closeout.
- Owns facilities project budget management as assigned by the Facilities Director
- Creates presentations as required to support internal and external program reviews.
- Your challenge is to ensure a constant high level of facility operations in line with existing policies and guidelines. You will further contribute to develop policies and guidelines as ASML evolves.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years total development experience with ten (10) years previous in Facilities with a minimum of five (5) years project management experience leading complex technical projects/activities.
- Ability to analyze and communicate complex data using statistical tools. Good verbal and written communications skills (English language)
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project)
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Ability to access and plan staffing requirements for projects and technical/non-technical qualifications/capabilities of staff members.
- Ability to lead and manage consulting engineering teams to successfully meet project objectives.
- Sufficient technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with the project teams, and to check/review their plans and progress.
- Excellent problem-solving techniques with organizational, reasoning, planning, and motivational skills.
- Demonstrated success as a hands on leader / manager with a sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects under pressure.
- Ability to effectively convey information in graphical and chart formats.
- Good meeting practices (proper attendance, agendas, start/stop times, minutes, actions, follow-through).
- Proactive self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to plan development expenses over a quarter to quarter period and track expenses.
- Ability to adapt processes to improve inefficiencies and accelerate product development.
- Excellent decision making skills and business judgment.
- Ability to define and track short and long-term goals and resources.
- Understanding of engineering control, control rules, and tools.
- Ability to read and optimize engineering documentation.
- Working experience in an international setting with the ability to work with other cultures.
- Interpersonal skills to establish excellent working relations with highly educated individuals from various backgrounds
- High achiever with ability to coordinate various activities simultaneously and self-prioritize workload.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills and be sensitive, adaptable, professional and articulate when dealing with others.Acts proactively to customer needs.
- Must be a team player, driven to provide the highest level of customer service with a “can-do, no job too big or small” attitude.
- Exercise judgment and discretion with regards to sensitive and confidential matters.
- Provides analysis of own work assignments and executes to the operational plan.
- Must be available for occasional overtime and weekend hours as needed.
- Professional behavior and appearance at all times.
- Must be able to work under deadlines.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Proven Leadership and Management skills, Strong technical skills, Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Analytical, Perseverance, Problem solving, and organizational skills
Context of the positionPHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills
- The employee is required to move around the campus regularly
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability