30+ days ago - req20059
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
The Manufacturing Engineer will provide manufacturability oversite during the design phase thru new product introduction and serve as the “eyes of the customer” before we introduce new technologies and designs to our customers.
The Manufacturing Engineer in EUV designs, develops implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture, fabrication, testing and troubleshooting of parts, components, sub-assemblies, ensuring Design for Manufacturability and Assembly, final assemblies and systems as well as system hardware and software interface and system controls.
Bachelor’s degree or masters in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
Minimum of four(4) years of experience is preferred in Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Prior Lithography experience preferred
- Advanced experience using one or more of the following software packages: Excel, Word, MS Project.
- Experience with MRP system; SAP preferred
- LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred
- Systems engineering and interaction experience – hardware and software interface
- Some software, controls experience preferred
- Experience in executing improvement projects with LEAN Manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to analyze and translate data to effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities without jeopardizing project schedule
- Data driven decision maker, good negotiation skills, positive attitude
- Able to read technical drawings and interpret specifications.
- Able to define Bill of Material structure in support of defined build sequence.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship and network building.
- Partner with peer organizations as member of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Must be comfortable with a rapidly changing work environment.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Customer service and focus
- Stake holder management
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Multitasking, priority setting and risk management
- Team focused but individually accountable
- Hands on and desire to be the Subject Matter Expert
- In depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Familiarity with MS Project preferred
Context of the position
- Evaluates prototype and manufacturing practices to develop optimized process flows to ensure repeatability and quality
- Partners with design engineering during prototype, piloting, final product and tooling design reviews to ensure manufacturability, quality, and reliability
- Writes requirements documents and serves as advocate in design process for Design for Assembly/Design for Manufacturability principals
- Responsible for introduction of new product into Pilot Manufacturing phase and transition to sustaining engineering
- Leads and/or participates as a member of cross-functional and cross-site teams.
- Drives and tracks project progress and updates database to meet defined schedule
- Develop and improve processes using LEAN/Six Sigma principals
- Collects issues identified by technicians to define improvement areas. Utilizes structured problem solving for root cause analysis, corrective actions, and solution implementation
- Participate in design and process FMEA
- Transfer knowledge to volume factory responsible for executing builds and qualification
- Validates build/test sequence and material allocations.
- Write and validate assembly and test processes and procedures to be used in manufacturing.
- Evaluates and analyzes data acquired during tests. Makes recommendations for process or design modifications based on analysis.
- Performs failure analysis, uses data for product industrialization changes
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced team members on root cause analysis and problem solving methodologies and statistical analysis/process control
- Performs other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus including working while fully gowned in a clean room environment.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The employee may be required to travel based on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Extended periods of time in a clean room environment should be expected. Requires gowning in Class 10K gowning protocol
- May need to work in labs with equipment that emit high-pitched noise.
- May spend extended periods of time at a computer workstation
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability