30+ days ago - req20015
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Physics
Are you eager to apply your management skills in a challenging high tech environment? Are you challenged by driving quality in a team of highly skilled technical people with a design focus?Do you have affinity with design processes in a technical environment? Then this job position could be your stepping stone to further develop yourself in an interesting ASML career.
As Quality Manager Machine Conditioning you take responsibility for the definition, alignment and execution of the Machine Conditioning Defectivity department’s Quality strategy and roadmap to bring product and process quality to the next level. You drive operational performance and lead organizational development and process improvement to improve customer satisfaction, ensure product compliance and meeting the quality targets of the department.
- Defines and aligns the department’s quality strategy and quality plan as member of the department management staff and ensure execution thereof
- Act as change agent to establish the right quality culture and ownership for delivering product quality, on both function and integration level, in the line organization
- Drive internal and external Customer Satisfaction
- Drive implementation and execution of Quality Processes and supporting tools
- Co-create the cluster Quality strategy and plan by providing input from department into cluster and Development & Engineering (D&E) Quality roadmap and vice versa
- Implement Quality Management System and regular quality reporting
- Identify improvement opportunities, ensure decisions are made and drive selected improvements to success
- Identify Product Generation Process (PGP) quality risks and drive them to resolution
- Facilitate closed loop processes enabling continuous improvement and support a learning organization
- Organize, be involved in, and support Quality Audits and “go to the Gemba” and ensure appropriate follow up
- Be the “go to person” in the department for all quality related issues and work together with experts in organization, train and/or coach people in quality competences
- Contribute to the quality functional excellence
Master degree (M.Sc.) in Mechanical Engineering or Applied Physics or any other technical oriented study with relevant experience in the field of (technical) Quality Management.
- ~10 years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years of work experience in technically-driven international organization(s) and within a development environment
- Experience as quality manager, or as quality engineer AND project/program manager
- Experienced in quality methods and tools like e.g., 6 Sigma, value stream analysis, 5 Why’s analysis, Kaizen, brainstorming sessions, problem solving techniques, FMEA, 8D , Ishikawa diagrams
- Knowledgeable in international quality standards. (ISO9001/ TS16949), (development) process assessments and auditing.
- Ability to manage complex relationships between various professional disciplines and organizational levels
- Excellent stakeholder management and team leader skills, able to collaborate across all levels of the organization with an open attitude, able to influence without power
- Excellent ability to manage change with the ability to overcome resistance and persist in achieving mission
- Strong communication skills, good listener, with the ability to present information verbally and in written format
- Self-propelling - learning & (Quality) improvement mindset and change management
- Hands-on mentality to get the job done
- Drive for continuous improvement; making use of the lessons learned
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
The Development & Engineering Machine Conditioning cluster is critical in securing the right environment in the ASML products, dealing with regulatory compliance (e.g. high pressure), assuring product quality, cleanliness, lifetime, vacuum and potentially dangerous gasses. Hence quality is critical to our cluster to support and strengthen technology development whilst managing risks, driving product and process improvements and assuring that by following agreed Development & Engineering processes we deliver Technical Product Data and products with a predictable and qualitative outcome. Next to delivering innovative products we support our customers with the expertise we have built up.
With a continuous growing demand for faster delivery of latest technology, the relevance of good quality, compliance and reliable designs becomes more and more essential. This means that our processes must be effective and efficient, by keeping it simple, with clear ownership, roles and responsibilities and easily explainable. The quality team enables this by implementing proven quality principles, monitoring execution and driving continuous improvements.
The Quality Manager Machine Conditioning will report to the Cluster Quality Manager and will be part of the Machine Conditioning Development Defectivity department staff. Next to this the manager will work with all stakeholders being able to influence without direct power driving quality in the organization and being the change agent to bring the department and cluster overall to a higher quality level. This includes also to coach/facilitate group leaders with regard to quality matters and being the subject matter expert on quality methods, tools, initiatives and quality improvement in the various departmental groups.
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.