30+ days ago - req20129
Architect – Customer Service Engineering Business Domain
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
You have business background in Industrialization, Process Engineering, Maintainability, creation of Service Procedures (aka Workprep) for complex high-tech products, are you strong in architectural thinking, and do you want to contribute to growth of ASML Service Business?
You are able to work in a complex working environment with stakeholders in the field, at suppliers, and in our headquarters. You do enjoy to be a part of business team dedicated to improving means and methods for Field Service Engineers.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. The nature and business model of ASML drives early releases of new products (technology) to our customers. The goal is to mature this technology as soon as possible during this time. Service Engineering deliverables are key enablers for time to maturation and quality of service. Those deliverables include:
- Configuration relevant, change controlled procedures with strong link to Bill of Materials and Bill of Processes
- Knowledge building with our Field Engineers
- Information about parts , tools and skills needed to perform the service activities
- And many more.
ASML is on the on the journey to strengthen Configuration Management in the Service Engineering domain, and you will play important part in this journey. Service Engineering deliverables are created in upstream processes: therefore you will focus on requirements ( from Service Planning and Execution perspective) to existing and new Configuration Management and Engineering processes and systems.
You will drive these requirements into business transformation programs and projects, ensuring with product owners that projects fully understand our needs, and will deliver a solution first time right. Once these are ready you will validate if the solution is delivered according the described architecture.
You will be part of Service Baseline Development department within the Customer Services Organization.Our missionis to make Service Operations future prove by thinking ahead and by shaping service capabilities to enable business strategy. We are expertise center for Service that designs capabilities needed to run service business now and in the future.
You will work with Business Stakeholders, Business Architects ( process focus) and IT architects ( focus on IT systems).
Main responsibilities that you can expect:
In alignment with other sectors architects (e.g. Design and Engineering , Manufacturing ,Supply chain) , secure that the design/ architecture for Service Engineering Business Domain meets CS requirements, and translated towards project This includes:
- Definitionof a desired functionality for an application (asbasis for User Stories)
- Logicaldata model (data definition and data structure)
- Documentationof Application Layer in Target and Transition Architecture
Create and maintain the Functional Domain roadmap that is aligned within CS and across ASML. The roadmap;
- Definesplateaus and work packages for realizing the functional domain ambitions
- Describesscope, objectives, stakeholders, and business case for aWBS item of the Functional Domainroadmap
- Delivers full overview of the Domainrelated developments and secures a consistent direction
- Participate in projects to land our user stories, and review project designs;
- Know best practices in the world and make use of them in the domain architecture;
- Maintain strong management and end-users engagement; involve end-users in capturing features andfunctionalities, validating the architecture and priority setting.
- Participate in deployment strategy creation and x-projects integrations
Master's degree in industrial engineering, or related.
- Functional architecture/ decomposition, experience with TOGAF and Archimate is preferred;
- Proven experience with maintenance engineering in a high tech organization with a large number of changes (design);
- Strong visualization and presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate, in writing and orally;
- Customer support;
- 8+ years of experience in comparable environment.
- Leadership skills to define the direction and achieve buy-in at multiple levels in the organization within CS, and other sectors;
- Quickly build trust, connect to all stakeholders and management levels and cope with a large number of stakeholders;
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and take people along in your vision (also in case of conflicting views);
- Curious and inquisitive mindset – you have a strong desire to dig to understand our organization, how we operate, and the real root cause of problems;
- Self-starter – we don’t expect you to know everything, but you need to be able to teach yourself anything;
- Will drive our vision and needs into the organization, and do ‘whatever it takes’ to reach our goals;
- Never satisfied with ‘good enough’ but is able to deliver when ‘good enough’ is acceptable;
- Organized and is energized from bringing clarity and control to ambiguous and chaotic situations;
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and balance long term vision and short term action;
- Can easily switch between conceptual and operational activities;
- Effective communicator in English (both oral and written);
- Willing to travel.
Context of the position
The CS Functional Domain Architect reports to the Manager CS Work Preparation and Execution (in Veldhoven) and will operate together with Business Architects, Functional Domain Architects and product owners.
You will operate in a small team with long and deep customer support and ASML experience that consists of functional domain architects, subject matter experts and product owners. You will operate closely with colleagues working on maintenance engineering from within customer support, manufacturing, IT, Development and Engineering, and large scale improvement programs.
Please apply with an updated CV and motivation letter.