20 days ago - req20129
Expert service engineering means and methods
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
After a system (EUV or DUV machine) is shipped to a customer abroad, the real ‘magic’ begins. Thousands of our engineers worldwide are dedicated to a simple goal: making sure that the lithography systems at our customers’ sites are running smoothly, 24/7. That makes Customer Support (CS) vital to our success. Unlike many customer service departments at other companies, having a technical background is a necessity at ASML Customer Support, because our technology is often so advanced that our employees may be the only ones who understand it and know how to use it.
As ASML and specifically CS we drive new products and technology to our customers and goal is to mature this asap. However this machines are expensive and no machine is the exactly the same, which drives us to make it more simple and improve the efficiency of our operational processes to deliver continuous customer value. Being able to support our field work preparation and execution with exactly the right information, parts, tool, etc. based on the exact configuration of the machine will be very valuable to deliver perfect and consistent service to our customers.
For this position you will deep dive into our CS organization as an expert in service engineering related to means and methods (aka Customer Support functional domain architect). You would play a crucial role in improving the efficiency of our CS engineers. As our professional you are able to work in a complex working environment with stakeholders in the field, at suppliers, and in our headquarters. It’s a small team you would be joining, who want to achieve the most for our engineers within the available budget.
It will be your role to help ASML define in a functional manner how to ensure complete and quality service definition (e.g. failure modes, service actions, spare parts, tools, work instructions, etc.) and structures (Bill of Materials, Bill of Process) during the development and following product lifecycle of our machines that is efficient to create, use and maintain.
You will drive these requirements into projects, ensuring with product owners that projects fully understand our needs, and will deliver a solution first time right. Once these are ready you will validate if the solution is delivered according the described architecture.
CS is at the initial steps to bring the Service Mix management domain and processes to maturity. We will be looking for a person that brings knowledge and experience to allow us to speed up rapidly and build it from the ground up, while acknowledging and being responsive to the maturity of the domain and organization at the same time.
As an Expert service engineering you will be on an assignment to bring relevant experience and background to ASML Customer Support and allow us to quickly gain momentum on this subject.
Main responsibilities that you can expect.
In alignment with other sectors architects (e.g. Design and Engineering , Manufacturing ,Supply chain) , secure that the design/ architecture for Service Engineering Business Domain meets CS requirements, and translated towards project This includes:
- Definition of a desired functionality for an application (asbasis for User Stories)
- Logical data model (data definition and data structure)
- Documentation of Application Layer in Target and Transition Architecture
Create and maintain the Functional Domain roadmap that is aligned within CS and across ASML. The roadmap;
- Defines plateaus and work packages for realizing the functional domain ambitions
- Describes scope, objectives, stakeholders, and business case for aWBS item of the Functional Domain roadmap
- Delivers full overview of the Domain related developments and secures a consistent direction
- Participate in projects to land our user stories, and review project designs;
- Know best practices in the world and make use of them in the domain architecture;
- Maintain strong management and end-users engagement; involve end-users in capturing features and functionalities, validating the architecture and priority setting.
- Participate in deployment strategy creation and x-projects integrations
Master’s degree in industrial engineering or related technical study (technical architect, service engineering as domain would be beneficial)
- At least 5 years of experience in comparable environment (customer support, service mix, service organization, manufacturing, industrial or high tech environments)
- Proven experience with Service Mix Management (Engineering work preparation) in a high tech organization with a large number of changes (design).
- Strong visualization and presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate, in writing and orally
- Functional architecture / decomposition, experience with TOGAF and Archimate is preferred.
- Can demonstrate architectural structured and/or strategic thinking and balance long term vision and short term action
- Resilience and perseverance are key traits. Combined with being organized and getting energized from bringing clarity and control to ambiguous and chaotic situation
- Can quickly build trust, communicate and connect to all stakeholders and management levels and cope with a large number of stakeholders
- Shows leadership to define the direction and achieve buy-in at multiple levels in the organization within CS, and other sectors.
- Interest in service domain and willingness to learn how customer support within ASML operates
Context of the position
The CS Expert service engineering means and methods (aka Functional Domain Architect) reports to the Manager CS Work Preparation and Execution (in Veldhoven) and will operate together with Business Architects, Functional Domain Architects and product owners.
You will operate in a small team with long and deep customer support and ASML experience that consists of functional domain architects, subject matter experts and product owners. You will operate closely with colleagues working on service mix management from within customer support, manufacturing, IT, Development and Engineering, and large scale improvement programs
Please apply with an updated CV and motivation letter (in English).
What do we have to offer?
- Read our labor conditions (https://www.asml.com/en/careers/working-at-asml/netherlands) and development opportunities;
- A unique and challenging job within Customer Support at ASML;
- A work environment with an open culture and focus on results;
- Many opportunities for career growth;
- Courses and continuous training to develop your skills.