3 days ago - req20129
Functional Domain Architect - Maintenance Engineering
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Do you want to play a crucial role in improving the efficiency of our Customer Support (CS) engineers? Are you motivated to work in a small team to achieve the most for our engineers within the available budget? Are you able to work in a complex working environment with stakeholders in the field, at suppliers, and in our headquarters? If so, you might very well be the right person we are looking for!
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. The nature and business model of ASML drives early releases of new products (technology) to our customers. The goal is to mature this technology as soon as possible during this time. This results in large numbers of changes and thereby different configurations during the product lifecycle. As CS we notice this as there is not one machine at our customers that is exactly the same.
As our systems are very expensive and therefor the bottleneck in the customer fab, there is a strong drive in CS to simplify and improve the efficiency of our operational processes to deliver continuous customer value. Configuration management is crucial in supporting these processes to enable us to cope with above mentioned dynamics. Being able to support our work preparation and execution with exactly the right information, parts, tool, etc., based on the exact configuration of the machine we will be working on will be very valuable.
It will be your role to help ASML define in a functional manner how, for example we will register the Actual configuration (Configuration as Maintained), how to validate a configuration, but also how to ensure complete and quality service definition (e.g. failure modes, service actions, spare parts, tools, work instructions, etc) and structures (Bill of Materials, Bill of Process) during the development of our machines that is efficient to create, use and maintain. CS is an important stakeholder in this development as we are both users and maintainers of this service definition, accompanying structures, and information.
Together with users (from within CS, but also other sectors) you will explore their needs and requirements, and challenge them where needed. Based on your industry and competence knowledge combined with the user needs you will develop a roadmap with a target architecture, functional building blocks, user stories, transition architectures, business services and data structures to come to a full functional domain architecture. These will have to be aligned and agreed within customer support and with other sectors (e.g. Development & Engineering, Manufacturing, and IT) and programs within ASML.
You will drive these requirements into projects, ensuring with product owners that projects fully understand our needs, and will deliver a solution first time right. Once these are ready you will validate if the solution is delivered according the described architecture.
CS is at the initial steps to bring the configuration management domain and processes to maturity. We will be looking for a person that brings knowledge and experience to allow us to speed up rapidly and build it from the ground up, while acknowledging and being responsive to the maturity of the domain and organization at the same time.
As a functional domain architect you will be on an assignment to bring relevant experience and background to ASML Customer Support and allow us to quickly gain momentum on this subject.
Main responsibilities that you can expect:
- Secure the (functional) design/ architecture for maintenance engineering management in alignment with other functional domains, sectors and projects;
- Have a full overview of the Functional Domain related developments and secure a consistent direction;
- Create and maintain the Functional Domain roadmap that is aligned and agreed company wide;
- Create target architecture, functional building blocks, features, application services, and data structure;
- Participate in projects to land our user stories, and review project designs;
- Know best practices in the world and make use of them in the domain architecture;
- Involve the end-users in capturing user stories, validating the architecture and priority setting.
Master's degree in industrial engineering, or related.
- Functional architecture/ decomposition, experience with TOGAF and Archimate is preferred;
- Proven experience with maintenance engineering in a high tech organization with a large number of changes (design);
- Strong visualization and presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate, in writing and orally;
- Customer support;
- 8+ years of experience in comparable environment.
- Leadership skills to define the direction and achieve buy-in at multiple levels in the organization within CS, and other sectors;
- Quickly build trust, connect to all stakeholders and management levels and cope with a large number of stakeholders;
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and take people along in your vision (also in case of conflicting views);
- Curious and inquisitive mindset – you have a strong desire to dig to understand our organization, how we operate, and the real root cause of problems;
- Self-starter – we don’t expect you to know everything, but you need to be able to teach yourself anything;
- Will drive our vision and needs into the organization, and do ‘whatever it takes’ to reach our goals;
- Never satisfied with ‘good enough’ but is able to deliver when ‘good enough’ is acceptable;
- Organized and is energized from bringing clarity and control to ambiguous and chaotic situations;
- Demonstrates strategic thinking and balance long term vision and short term action;
- Can easily switch between conceptual and operational activities;
- Effective communicator in English (both oral and written);
- Willing to travel.
Context of the position
The CS Functional Domain Architect reports to the Manager CS Work Preparation and Execution (in Veldhoven) and will operate together with Business Architects, Functional Domain Architects and product owners.
You will operate in a small team with long and deep customer support and ASML experience that consists of functional domain architects, subject matter experts and product owners. You will operate closely with colleagues working on maintenance engineering from within customer support, manufacturing, IT, Development and Engineering, and large scale improvement programs.
Please apply with an updated CV and motivation letter.