10 days ago - req20189
Senior Manager Operational Excellence - Customer Support
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Within the sector Customer Support (CS) the Operational Excellence and Quality (OEQ) team is responsible for all driving all activities around Operational Excellence, Quality, Continuous Improvement and Lean in the WW CS organization (~ 5500 FTE)
The OEQ department has a mission to support worldwide CS in their drive to improve the maturity, efficiency and/or quality of the Customer Support organization. This is achieved by a collaboration in:
- Efficiency programs (e.g.: cost programs);
- Quality programs;
- Continuous improvement, using Lean mindset and methods;
- Embedding growth and improvements through our CS Operational Excellence maturity model.
Setup, drive and institutionalize a mindset change to achieve operational Excellence within CS.
Drive a program to transform our current business system in a business system
We create a significant impact on our performance (S, Q, D, C, M) and sustaining it through standardization:
- 0 accidents, 0 disturbances, 0 waste;
- Goals are clearly defined and cascaded to appropriate levels;
- We manage and understand the Voice of the Customer to drive, measure and manage customer satisfaction;
- Our process performance is transparent;
- Continuous improvement is at the heart of our operations, unlocking the collective brainpower of all our people
resulting in first-time-right via problem-solving methodologies;
- Cross-sector breakthroughs are defined, prioritized and executed enabling step changes in our performance;
- Enhanced collaboration on all levels and departments with our value streams;
- Desired behavior is role modelled by our employees and leadership;
- Stability of our processes with predictable outcomes;
- We seek for innovations way of working and share best practices in our ASML community;
- By doing so, we ensure this never-ending journey towards Operational Excellence becomes our way of working to become #1 supplier to our customers.
The Operational Excellence Key accountabilities:
Mindset changes: transform mindsets to maintain continuous improvement efforts beyond project activities and change their way of working to a Lean way of working. Management and team coaching will be one of the means to achieve such mindset shift.
Problem solving leadership: contributes to the improvement of the whole operations value stream by participating in and driving problem solving sessions.
Knowledge transfer: trains and coaches ASML employees and management on Lean principles and behaviors.
Continuous improvements: identifies potentials for new improvements and drives these improvements through completion.
Drive for results: Team up towards delivery of CS Cost roadmap by organizing the cost roadmap, including realization of benefits.
Project leadership: co-designs and runs Lean transformations in specific areas:
- Defines the overall work plan;
- Coordinates the project teams through different phases;
- Ensures support, provides adequate status updates;
- Shares responsibility to reach the target together with line management;
- Enforces prerequisites for sustainability of results;
- Ensures transfer to line/ process manager;
- People management: selection, development, target setting and performance management of the lean experts. Ensure overall high level of talent and engagement levels.
Bachelor's or master's degree with general understanding of technical topics (through technical background or job experience).
Essential experience for this position:
- Over 8 year of Lean experience, preferably combined with relevant experience in managing and implementing change in large, decentralized, international organizations;
- Extensive experience with culture change and the soft aspects/people aspects of organizational development.
Of additional value for this position:
- Extensive experience of business experience in different roles in a Customer Support or similar environment including operational responsibilities and with a clear process improvement mindset;
- Experience in consultancy in high-tech and/ or service environments;
- Proven experience in a different industry like automotive, pharmaceutical or food industry;
- Additional job-related knowledge and/ or managerial experience: operational (hands-on) experience in Service, Logistics, (Lean) manufacturing and/ or industrial engineering environment, (senior) line management roles in operations, knowledge of financial management;
- Former experience in ASML and/or ASML Customer Support is a considered a plus.
- Potential to use a range of different influencing techniques (influencing without power);
- Actively gives and seeks constructive feedback;
- Crisp communicator at all levels (operational – executive);
- Is able to listen to others issues and can work in team;
- Can train and coach others;
- Delivers fact-based and well-structured messages in a range of different formats, e.g. presentation, written messages;
- Business English; both spoken and written is required;
- Great networking skills: able to work at multiple levels of the organization, from team members on the field to Senior Managers;
- The ability to enthuse and inspire colleagues in Lean Thinking as a business necessity;
- A belief in 'walking the talk' and working as a member of a team;
- Potential to become a future leader;
- Self-starter with drive, enthusiasm and persistence.
Context of the position
The holder of this position reports to the Director CS Operational Excellence & Quality.
He or she has interfaces on many levels in the CS Apps organization (e.g.: Business Line Management team, Local management teams, Lean Experts etc.),The Central Lean Competence center, Other Deployment leads, etc.
Please include recent CV and cover letter presenting a clear motivation on why you are interested in this role as well as what makes you a good candidate.