11 days ago - req20221
Architect / Production Module Owner (EXE:5000)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
For the EXE:5000 the manufacturability and availability will be more important than ever. To achieve this we need architects that feel really owner of a large module on all aspects: both performance and industrialization. Traditionally ASML is very strong in performance, but less on industrialization in the early design phase. So we need an architect who both understands performance and industrialization, to secure that requirements on all aspects are met.
Take ownership of a large production module (like bottom assy) or milestone (like mechanical install). Write EPS/EDS with both mechanical architecture and industrialization requirements, which are needed for flawless integration and high quality of the production.
Examples: qualification strategy, configuration, modularity, integration sequence, transport specs, incoming quality parts, tools, commonality, safety, self-diagnosis, recovery strategy, etc.
Also take part in the architect and system engineering discussions on performance, to find optimal concept solutions balanced over all aspects. Prevent sub optimized solutions, drive for maximum commonality.
- Write EPS & EDS of the production module. Cascade & follow-up on requirements
- Perform studies. Find optimal (well balanced) solutions on all aspects
- Regular reviews/ carousels with architects of modules on the production module
- Review new concepts & design changes on functional and industrialization aspects
- Identify and solve cross-project issues. Involve SE in case of important tradeoffs
- Define KPI’s. Regular assess status on meeting al requirements. Identify main risks
- Define (and organize) test plan to validate system architecture
Education Masters. Preferably in mechanics or industrialization
- At least 2 years working experience as architect, SE). Alternatively 5 years’ experience as production or sequence engineer
- At least 2 years working experience at ASML
- Industrialization of large modules or machines
- Writing requirement documents
- Helicopter view. Easily can determine priorities and main risks
- Strong interpersonal skills. Easily can cooperate with many parties (SE, architects, factory, delivering projects, management)
- Pro-active in finding risks and opportunities regarding high quality products
- Assertive. Starts pushing in case of low quality solutions
Context of the position
You will be part of the Mechanical Layout (ML) project, which is amongst others responsible for the mechanical system architecture. The team doesn’t deliver hardware themselves, but has an overall responsibility during the whole V-cycle, that the total system can be build, transported, installed and serviced in a safe and efficient way.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.
You may also attach a portfolio.