14 days ago - req20298
Software Engineer Data Analytics
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Software Engineer Data Analytics role is a challenging position that will employ a variety of tools and techniques to analyze information collected by the system itself and by products used to monitor the system. The role of SWE Data Analytics works closely with Customer Support, Field Service Management, Engineers and Scientists and other key cross-functional groups to identify system key performance indicators, and assist in system maintenance, service predictors, field trend analysis, and machine performance metrics.
- Develops methods and processes used for data extraction, system performance analysis and presentation ready report generation capabilities
- Utilizes SPC monitoring and performance analysis tools for installed based system performance monitoring aimed at identifying service and maintenance event requirements.
- Work with internal system scientists and engineers to translate their observations and analysis into service or lifetime indicators for the field use.
- Ensure key knowledge databases are monitored, reconciled and data input completed necessary to maintain analysis at Regional and Corporate levels.
- Ensure that real-time monitoring of product occurs and is measured and reported per established performance goals
- Assist in establishment of methods to monitor key system metrics; update metric data collection systems for changes to key system metrics
- Needs to identify negative events and trends and initiate investigations into those events
- Analyze performance trends at each level to identify process improvements, training opportunities, service event opportunities, etc.
- Train service personnel in use and interpretation of trend data.
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Statistics or related field
- Database design, web and dashboard development expertise required.
- Experience with large data sets (scientific or machine data) preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and manage multiple priorities with minimum assistance.
- Must be able to validate data, extract pertinent information, identify key trends, and present the information in a clear and concise method to appropriate groups, including but not limited to line personnel, engineers, scientists and executives, both internally and externally.
- Python experience required, MATLAB experience plus!
- The right candidate will have a high level of tenacious curiosity, analysis skills, attention to detail, and technical competency with a balanced sense of priority and urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and deliver results.
- Strong analytical, computer application, communication skills.
- Genuine commitment to internal and external customer satisfaction.
Project management skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Context of the positionPHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability