30+ days ago - req20328
Truck Driver/Material Handler, 2nd Shift
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Truck Driver/Material Handler will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of goods to and from local airports as well as local suppliers by using established procedures. This position will also be responsible for interacting with other departments such as Logistics, Delivery Control and external freight forwarding company’s
- Complete a daily truck log/Vehicle inspections and submit reports at end of day.
- Comply with all DOT and in-house regulations and rules.
- Monitor and report equipment or mechanical failures immediately.
- Monitor for and report damaged/defective materials (or questionable) to department Supervisor.
- Support the shipment of goods produced – including packing, weights/measures and labeling.
- Required to make pick up and deliveries to and from the ASML campus.
- Serve as brand advocate and ambassador in all interactions.
- Data entry and record retention.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in clean and orderly condition (5s+1).
- Adhere to all safety regulations and make recommendations.
- Required to operate company equipment such as hand truck, hoists, trolley’s, fork truck.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Properly transfer material in SAP.
- Continuous improvement.
- Maintain work area in accordance with 58+1 principles.
High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Class A driver’s license in good standing.
- Minimum 5 years driving experience with Class Alicense.
- No serious tickets or accidents in last 5 years.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels within the organization and outside.
- Strong organizational skills and detailed record keeping.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to organize. prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability