18 days ago - req20318
Vacuum Systems Expert
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechanical engineering, Chemistry & materials science
You have profound knowledge of modern vacuum systems and vacuum components, obtained through multiple years experience as a vacuum expert in the industry. You are aware of the new developments in your domain and are eager to bring this to ASML. You combine a strong analytical and conceptual mind with a pragmatic and persistent attitude. You are able to work independently in a dynamic and complex environment are willing to going the extra mile to get to your goal. You possess a resilient personality, with both feet on the ground, qualifying you as an individual not easy to overlook. You see the big picture without missing the important details.
If you recognize yourself in the above, then we are looking for you! Join our enthusiastic and committed team in developing the vacuum solutions for our next generation of EUV scanners and bring ASML’s vacuum competence to the next level!
As Vacuum Systems Expert you have profound knowledge of vacuum systems and components. Your knowledge was built during your education and expanded though multiple years of experience in the design, implementation and qualification of complex vacuum systems, preferably in the semiconductor industry.
You are aware of the available vacuum technologies including vacuum quality monitoring and control.
With your extensive domain knowledge you guide the projects in their vacuum system design choices, running from architectural choices to selection of components. You address critical aspects and risks in the designs of your (internal and external) customers and offer solutions to solve them.You know the vacuum supplier landscape and their capabilities. To come to a well-industrialized product you take this information into consideration in the design process.
You have the overview of the current and future (vacuum) technology needs for our products. You identify the gaps between needs and the available solutions and find ways to bridge them. Where needed by means of cooperation with external institutes and suppliers.
In case of complex issues and escalations you provide support by contributing technical knowledge on the vacuum part level.
As a lithography enabler, molecular and particle cleanliness is a very important part of ASML’s vacuum competence and it is expected that you include cleanliness considerations by default in your way of thinking.
While focusing on your area of expertise, you also share your knowledge with the team through knowledge transfers as well as on-the-job by adding your competence to your colleagues’ work.
Thus we create a solid team of vacuum experts that work together to make ASML deliver the perfect product!
To strengthen our team we are looking for an experienced Vacuum Systems Expert.
- Secure availability of vacuum solutions for current and future ASML applications
- Deploy profound knowledge about vacuum systems & components for ASML applications – build, maintain and mature ASML’s vacuum competence; organize training material and/or trainings
- Participate in design reviews – ensure vacuum risks are mitigated while keeping focus on availability and costs
- Provide support in escalations related to vacuum modules
- Have firm understanding of behavior of vacuum systems and vacuum components in ASML systems and consequences for requirements – application of the Ultra Clean Vacuum requirements
- Maintain vacuum competence roadmap; identify development needs to implement ASML’s product roadmap and take action to close the gaps
- Initiate pathfinding studies to develop vacuum domain solutions in cooperation with suppliers and other institutes if needed
- Maintain world wide vacuum competence network
- Occasional supplier visits (max. 10% travel)
Technical BSc or MSc (preferred) degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering or a closely related field of study.
- Solid theoretical and practical experience in vacuum systems and applications related to the field of vacuum and sub-atmospheric gas flows
- Profound knowledge of vacuum equipment, experience with vacuum system design
- Hands-on experience with vacuum systems and vacuum monitoring & control
- Knowledge of particle behavior in vacuum and gas flows and optical contamination mechanisms
- Several years working experience in semiconductor industry and supplier interaction is an asset
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Able to perform in highly dynamic environment
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals
- Eagerness to explore new solution spaces and set up cooperations
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and verbal)
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. Within the D&E sector, the Machine Conditioning cluster takes care of the environmental control in the scanners & sources.
As part of the MC cluster, the Vacuum Architecture group specifies, designs and implements vacuum & gas flow based EUV scanner solutions and controls to secure high and stable EUV transmission of the optical column while protecting the in-vacuum optics, reticles & wafers from molecular and particle contamination.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.