30+ days ago - req20451
Cloud Engineer (DevOps)
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
The engineering IT services Software (EIS-SW) group within ASML is responsible for the development environments (software and hardware) used by ASML software developers in order to produce commercial software products. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support Continuous Integration throughout the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community (~3500 developers within multiple departments).
In order to provide the software development community at ASML with scalable and flexible IT services we are looking for someone to join our team and contribute to our cloud transition. You will collaborate with our Cloud Architect and several teams to build cloud foundations and help internal teams with building services on Azure and GCP environments that will support ASML’s ~3500 software developers.
As a Cloud DevOps engineer within Engineering IT services (EIS) you will be:
- Creating innovation in our service offering by implementing cloud foundations
- Providing technical guidance for onboarding teams in your role as engineer.
- Part of a new movement, where you will work in close collaboration with the Cloud Architect and the Solution Owner to design and rapidly realize new features.
- Interact and consult with co-developing teams to share your expert knowledge of developing cloud based services.
- Challenging our organization, to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security, performance, and stability.
To provide more flexibility and agility to the software development community we need to provide alternatives to the legacy environment. To do so we are actively working on building up cloud capabilities within our organization and looking for ways to effectively co-develop solutions with our end-users. As part of this transition we need you, a cloud native engineer, to challenge our views and help build new environments, products and services.
Formal education should include Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
- Multiple years (2+) of experience as a system engineer / cloud engineer, with good knowledge of Azure (and preferably also Google GCP);
- Experience with implementing and/or supporting projects, alone or in a team;
- Experience with Directory Services, Identity & Access Management and SSO;
- Experience with various Linux distro's and Windows in a cloud-environment;
- Experience with developing scripts that can realize automated deployments (PowerShell, Bash, HCL, JSON);
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and Automation DevOps tooling (Terraform, ARM, Packer, CI/CD);
- Experience with configuration management tooling (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Puppet);
- Experience with version control systems (GitHub, Gitlab, Bitbucket );
- Good knowledge of networking in general (VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling);
- Good knowledge of security in general (Azure Security Center, EDR solutions, OS hardening);
- Knowledge of containerization ( Kubernetes, Docker, Serverless);
- Proficient in the English language (written and oral);
- Relevant Azure and Google GCP certifications are an advantage.
From a personal perspective, you are customer focused, accustomed to context switching in a fast paced environment. It is important to have a can-do mentality, focus on results, a desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.