17 days ago - req20497
Electrical Supplier Quality Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As an Electronics Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment. The SQE maintains and develops at an operational level the relation to the supplier with the purpose to create an optimal engineering collaboration between supplier and Co-developmentUsing your personal skills, you will work closely together with the supplier & co-development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the co-development project plan. The main goal of this cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of parts delivered by our suppliers.
As an electrical Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) within Development & Engineering you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment.
The SQE maintains and develops the relation with the suppliers with the purpose to create an optimal engineering collaboration between the suppliers and ASML designers. Using your personal and technical skills, you will work closely with the suppliers & ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of this cross-sector activity is to secure initial the quality of parts delivered by our suppliers which can be maintained in volume. You will drive industrialization during new product development by involving those who will develop and manufacture the parts. This is accomplished by fostering engineering collaboration between suppliers and ASML development departments, and driving co-design activities at suppliers. You will also understand and leverage supplier technology and processes into ASML new product development projects.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Within the D&E project the SQE is the primary responsible to ensure parts quality from our suppliers. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking, political antenna and excellent people skills, you work closely with suppliers to build up an intimate knowledge of their IP and technological capabilities.
The main responsibilities are:
- Early supplier involvement in the D&E project to secure that technology expertise of co-development and supplier are merged in the best way.
- Ensure that not only parts quality, but also manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase.
- Document the D&E project collaboration, including supplier & co-developmentresponsibilities and roles via a Statement of Work (SoW).
- Support and own new product introduction (NPI) and support supplier selection.
- Deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers in the co-development product generation process, such as:
- Acceptance of the design and/or specification of complete & detailed parts qualification process.
- Acceptance of qualified parts.
- Process flow and Process failure mode effect analysis.
- First article inspection.
Define and maintain supplier interface processes, such as:
- Issue resolution.
- Qualification deviation.
- Configuration management.
- ASML factory disturbances.
Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits. The SQE is part of the D&E project team and, therefore, interfaces with project leaders, design engineers, architects, manufacturing & customer support engineers, logistics, procurement, etc.
BSc or MSc in Electronics in the area of Electro-mechanics, or equivalent experience.
- Broad (at least 8 years) experience in high tech development environment with a focus on supplier management, part quality and outsourcing.
- Previously would be an experienced designer or test developer who has gained experience in the areas of Quality systems and methodologies (Six Sigma Green or Black belt is a must), as well as Engineering towards production processes:
- Experience designing boards and cables (3 years+).
- Manufacturing test experience (5 years+): experience in PCB visual and functional testing, In-Circuit Test (ICT) and cable testing (as a minimum).
- Manufacturing processes experience: detailed knowledge of manufacturing techniques forcables/connectors, PCB Assembly, programmable logic and electrical rack/cabinet assembly.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1