Physical Security Operations Manager
Real estate and facilities management
In a nutshell
Real estate and facilities management
Job ID: 2048
Physical Security Operations ManagerASML is a high-tech company and leading manufacture of complex lithography machines that chip manufacturers use to produce integrated circuits or computer chips. What we do is at the heart of all electronic devices that inform, entertain and connect us.
In the departments of the "Supporting Functions" you may not come into direct contact with our products, but with your expertise you contribute significantly to the smooth functioning of our company. Only with colleagues from these structured, efficient and supportive departments, such as Human Resources, Accounting, Controlling, IT and Communications, is it possible for us to grow beyond ourselves and achieve our goals as a company.
The Corporate Real Estate organization (CRE) is accountable to develop and implement an integrated Real Estate strategy (includes Facility Management and Asset Management) that enables ASML's business strategy. ASML’s CRE strategy and programs are to reflect the following broad objectives: enable the short and long term Industrial Strategy; meet ASML’s workplace requirements; ensure business continuity while minimizing risks; total costs of ownership and providing the appropriate level of flexibility (portfolio management, maintenance/service standards, production scalability, etc.).
The CRE strategy is translated operationally through an efficient and effective governance, optimized/professional management structure, supported by clear policies, procedures and programs in all buildings' life-cycles. Part of this strategy is ensuring the Physical Security Operations strategy. The implementation of appropriate physical security concepts is essential to ensure ASML’s business continuity. Within ASML, the Corporate Physical Security department defines the global strategies, policies, projects, requirements and standards, provides guidance and assesses buildings to protect ASML’s intellectual property. The department CRE Physical Security Operations is responsible for proper execution of the policies, processes and requirements, and focuses on the people and organizational measures that protect ASML People, Property and Knowledge.
Your tasksAs part of the CRE team, the “Physical Security Operations Manager” has a critical strategic role with the operational elements in the physical security operations team at the main industrial site in Germany. The Local Physical Security Operations team strengthens ASML’s resilience to internal and external physical threats in order to protect People, Property and Knowledge.
The Physical Security Operations Manager is responsible for:
- Works closely with the Manager FM Soft Services and Security and the Global ASML Security team to define the physical security strategy for the ASML Berlin locations and to drive the implementation of the ASML global physical security standards locally;
- Has a key role in the physical security concept project development and execution and represents the ASML Berlin physical security team in other projects affecting the physical security (makes sure that the respective ASML standards are implements);
- Reports regularly to the management and the ASML global security team on the physical security matters;
- Contact person for the Workers Council for all physical security related matters;
- Works closely with the Data Privacy Officer and the Legal Team to ensure the compliance with the applicable regulations;
- Identifies and develops the mitigation approach for the physical security risks in a complex and continuous developing manufacturing and high tech environment; Participating in the business continuity and crisis management setup;
- Has a key role in the tender preparation and execution for the physical security guard services, following and implementing the relevant ASML standards;
- Manages the (growing) outsourced security team; Suggest the training and development program for security forces;
- Defines and tracks the site's Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and driving site improvement towards objectives;
- Works with the subject matter experts on the developing the physical security control room and monitoring the execution;
- The implementation and follow-up of physical security assessments for ASML Berlin;
- Manages daily physical security operations in Germany at an operational/tactical level;
- Coordinates the development and implementation on the applicable procedures in the domain of physical security at ASML Berlin locations (visitor management, parking rules, badging, security awareness etc.)
- Ensures that the security requirements are met in a case of important visits;
- Tracks physical security incidents, including assessments;
- Maintains relationships with law enforcement and other relevant government agencies.
- A relevant Bachelor degree in (physical) security;
- Certified Master for protection and security (IHK) or specialist for protection and security (FSS/IHK);
- Practice/further training desirable;
- 5/10+ years of professional experience as an strategic & operational/tactical manager in physical security operations;
- Experience in a production // manufacturing or high-tech environment with an international focus is required;
- Experience in corporate security
- Well experienced in project and contract management and with (operational) leadership skills;
- The ability to influence at operational and tactical levels;
- The ability to coach, advise and influence the operational and tactical levels within the organization;
- Proven track record of leading and supporting security providers at operational and tactical levels;
- Must be fluent in spoken and written German and English.
- People oriented communicator;
- Collaboration oriented;
- “Hands on” attitude
- Stakeholder management at strategic & tactical / operational level;
- Self-starting professional;
- Personal responsibility, accountability and reliability.
Other information*Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
What we offer you
- A job with a promising future in Berlin Neukölln
- Your daily working hours can be organized on a flexible basis
- We reward performance with an attractive remuneration (including Christmas and holiday bonuses as well as variable remuneration components)
- A varied and innovative working environment in a strong team
- Together we can realize your professional plans for the future and offer you specific opportunities for advanced training and development
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes that encourage independent work
- The opportunity to convert variable remuneration components into additional days off
- We promote team spirit through regular company events
- Extensive health and sports offers (e.g. subsidy for sports activities, health days, company doctor, free vaccinations, etc.)
- Travel allowance for BVG company ticket or bicycle
- We will reward your recommendations through our "Employees recruiting employees" program.
- Reimbursement of moving expenses for you and your family
- Access to organized childcare and vacation care
- A variety of attractive discounts
Are you interested? - Then apply now using our online application form, stating your expected salary as well as your earliest joining date.